2.3.3 Gingerbread OTA update zip file download

MotoPro_GER

Reaction score
For which Network / Provider?

Hi,

now im through all thread pages but havent found anything about the network.

Ive understood that it will work with US carriers like verizon but will it work on european GSM espacilly geman phones?
Normaly in that case it should because the moto (droid) pro is a multinetwork phone, or?

The problem for me is that in germany its only offered by vodafone with a software branding :-((( and with the update I will kill the branding and receive an update :-D

So is it only for US Networks or a general usable update?

Thanks a lot!

Greetings

Last edited:

vivid22

Reaction score
Hey man!

I have been using a Droid Pro with foreign SIMs since February - in the UK (Virgin/T-Mobile), Germany (E-Plus) and now Switzerland (Sunrise). I can confirm you that it has been working seamless with all of them - updating it has no affect on that capability. The unlocked state also remains so you dont have to worry:)
And correct me if I am wrong, but the Droid Pro never came to Germany or Europe in general - it was announced and then dropped in favour of a successor (hope that comes at some point!)

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any other support:)

MotoPro_GER

Reaction score
Hey man!

I have been using a Droid Pro with foreign SIMs since February - in the UK (Virgin/T-Mobile), Germany (E-Plus) and now Switzerland (Sunrise). I can confirm you that it has been working seamless with all of them - updating it has no affect on that capability. The unlocked state also remains so you dont have to worry:)

So Im right it isnt limited by the Network? For example many mobiles are existing in serveral versions: one for GSM, one for CMDA
the same is for 3G and UMTS etc...
I dont know it 100% for the Moto (Droid) Pro but I think Ive read it that is a quad band for all countrys!?!?
And thats why Im asking - if there is a different version for the US market is there also a different ROM required.

And correct me if I am wrong, but the Droid Pro never came to Germany or Europe in general - it was announced and then dropped in favour of a successor (hope that comes at some point!)
No thats wrong - its a little bit confusing by the naming strategy of Motorola: Motorola Droid Pro and Motorola Pro are the same phones - in germany its only called Pro and its still available in germany at vodafone - but only with a lame branding on it:

Motorola PRO - Vodafone Online Shop

My intention is simple: I want to buy it from vodafone only if the posted Gingerbread ROM is also usable for it :)

--------------------------------------------------------

:heart::palm::icon_evil: - 15 years could be so short and now Ive to leave

Last edited:

vivid22

Reaction score
Wow, interesting! I knew that in the UK it was dropped by Vodafone ...

I am very certain that you will NOT be able to flash the Verizon GB update just like that, that may require the clockword mod but again, you are entering new grounds there as you will be one of the first people with the Pro.

The Droid Pro is a global-ready phone which means it works on CDMA and GSM (unlocked with other carriers).

So both phones are branded and will remain that way for the time being, so its your choice young padawan ;)

MotoPro_GER

Reaction score
OK, so thats a specfic verzion gingerbread upgrade :-(I dont know the upgrade / update specification on android systems - I thought or better I hoped it could be similar to the serveral custom roms that this ROM is indepentent usable.Hmm, OK as conclusion - thats a verizon rom and not usable with european branded phones :-(Then I think I will take a BB 9810, because I think vodafone wont release a gingerbread update...

Davecon1973

Reaction score
Help....

I have lost 2 days now trying to root my phone (Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000) on firware 2.3.3 with gingerbread?

I have followed all the tips for putting the update.zip onto the root however all I get is the following messages,

e:failed to verify whole-file signature
e:signature verification failed

I have tried all the hints and tips however i get alot of signature errors, please someone put me out of my misery:mad:

Ranger0001

Reaction score
Location of the 2.3.5 update for droid x2

My phone has the gingerbread 2.3.5 update downloaded but I dont want to install it. Where can I find it so that I can delete it? I get a reminder 2-3 times a day to install it, but I keep hitting install later. This is getting annoying.

Thanks,
Mike A.

mitjaict

Reaction score
I bought the phone in Germany without any contracts, software version is 2.2.2, system version 342.179.15.KT610.Retail.en.DE. Can I install this update or its just for Verizon? Thank you

chrismart07

Reaction score
Does any one gave any idea how to update droid x to 4.3.5 please message me or post