2.3.3 Gingerbread OTA update zip file download

rafeee2

Reaction score
Downloading now :icon_ banana:

Edit: I get a "status 7" error when I try to apply either through stock recovery or CWM recovery. Sigh..

Last edited:

rafeee2

Reaction score
Seems the problem's related to root. Trying now to remove CWM and un-root.

Edit:
Followed these steps and still getting the same error:
Go to \system\bin
Delete files logwrapper & hijack
Rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper
Un-root

Last edited:

rafeee2

Reaction score
Now flashing the 2.26.60 SBF and I'll see where I can go from there.

Edit:
SBF flash completed, but system updates fails to check if there's an update. Is it possible to go from 2.26.60 to the new 4.6.4 directly without going through 3.8.7?
I'll try anyway..

Edit:
Didn't work. I'll try system update later to update back to 3.8.7, maybe Verizon are giving the servers a bath or something.

Last edited:

google123

Reaction score
I had SBFd back to original when I heard that GB was leaking to Pro devices. Then I installed the last 2 updates .60 and 3.8.7 so that's where I was until I loaded the GB zip that nomad posted. It went through just fine and I'm enjoying the Pro even more now. I'm not sure if this is the "official" leak or not but i like what I'm seeing so far.

rafeee2

Reaction score
I too have GB now :icon_ banana:
After installing the 2.26.60 SBF I installed the 3.8.7 update.zip file (googled it) and then the 4.6.4 update.zip.
When I rebooted I got a bajillion force closes. Did a battery pull and went str8 to recovery and did a factory reset. All's good now.

hanybanoub

Reaction score
signature verification failed

I keep getting 'signature verification failed' message when trying to apply update.zip

vivid22

Reaction score
I think the problem is that you can not just unzip the update.zip and then try to put it back into a zip, and calling it update.zip again. The file has a signature verification that you will lose when extracting and rezipping, so just extract the update.zip as it is and placing in the root.
Mine works like a charm, with having it still arooted and programs frozen ... :)

EDIT: I can confirm that it works, even being arooted and having (unimportant) bloatware frozen. The file is packed a little unorthodox but just unpack the update.zip (AS IS!) and then copy it into your root. Note: To check, just open the update.zip inside and see the contents, it should only show system folders and files)

Last edited:

hanybanoub

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys.

I never extracted it. I downloaded, then renamed to update.zip, copied to SD card in phone and tried to update from recovery mode.

It was the same process I used before to manually update to 3.87 or whatever it was called.

What else should I try? Pls help.

Btw could there be leftover files on the sd card from last manual update that's causing this?

PS I even downloaded file again but still same message.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

google123

Reaction score

I never extracted it. I downloaded, then renamed to update.zip, copied to SD card in phone and tried to update from recovery mode.

It was the same process I used before to manually update to 3.87 or whatever it was called.

Btw could there be leftover files on the sd card from last manual update that's causing this?

The zip file that you download has a .zip extension. Unzip it and inside you will find a zip file called update.zip. This is the actual file that you need on the root of your SD card. Don't just rename the downloaded file. Open it and use the file inside. As a way to check, once you open the file and double click the update.zip file inside, you will notice inside of it, the system files and folders.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll have it dropboxed if you need a backup.

vivid22

Reaction score

The zip file that you download has a .zip extension. Unzip it and inside you will find a zip file called update.zip. This is the actual file that you need on the root of your SD card. Don't just rename the downloaded file. Open it and use the file inside. As a way to check, once you open the file and double click the update.zip file inside, you will notice inside of it, the system files and folders.

Ditto to what I said before. It is crucial that you DO NOT unzip the update.zip file inside the download file! This file has a signature verification by Motorola and will not work once extracted and then rezipped. Hence, just open the download file, find the update.zip in the folder and extract this file (as is, leave the contents zipped!) onto your SD card root. Then, just boot into recovery and it should work like a charm. dancedroid

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
Ok so when I download the file, it is called "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP"

Which of these steps do I use?,
1. Rename the downloaded file from "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" to "update.zip"?
2. Extract the downloaded file, "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" and get a folder called 2.3.3 and inside there's a update.zip file?
3. Extract the update.zip file from the 2.3.3 folder(from step above) and get another update.zip?

EDIT: Ok so I used the third step. And that worked. So like google123 said, to make sure which one to use, open up the update.zip file and the system files should be in there.

Last edited: