2.3.20 bug?

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
I recieved the OTA update (2.3.20) when it was released. I noticed a problem of when I tried calling somebody out of state, it'd show a red circle with a line going through it next to the battery and i'd lose the 3G icon and lose signal.

i tried flashing a SBF file. got bricked. just got unbricked and still same problem.

it allows me to call my friend in state but if i try connecting to an out of state call it seems to not work

any suggestions?

Cloppy

Reaction score
try to dial *228 and choose option 1 to re-program and then do 228 again and do 2 right after that. If that doesn't work i would call Verizon and see if there is something up with your account or something.

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
try to dial *228 and choose option 1 to re-program and then do 228 again and do 2 right after that. If that doesn't work i would call Verizon and see if there is something up with your account or something.

I tried that and it wouldn't let me call anyone at all.

I then did a factory reset (in privacy settings) and everything works perfect. :)

Cloppy

Reaction score

I tried that and it wouldn't let me call anyone at all.

I then did a factory reset (in privacy settings) and everything works perfect. :)

Weird maybe there was something in the cache. I did the manual update and just cleared the cache before applying the update and so far its been working ok. Glad to hear its working for you now :)

CellZealot

Reaction score
Just an FYI. When you do a *228 option 1 it updates the PRL(Preferred Roaming List) as well as the service programming(your MDN, MIN and SID).

There is no need to do option 2 after option 1. Option 2 by itself just updates the PRL without touching service programming.

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Just an FYI. When you do a *228 option 1 it updates the PRL(Preferred Roaming List) as well as the service programming(your MDN, MIN and SID).

There is no need to do option 2 after option 1. Option 2 by itself just updates the PRL without touching service programming.

noted for future reference. thanks =]