2.3.2 battery life and quadrant scores

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by blackbelt27, Feb 12, 2011.

1. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I havent seen anything about the 2.3.2 proformance, some quadrant scores and battery usage screen shots posted here would be awesome

everyones saying slayhers 1.1ghz colonel is the best but that about all i can find

#1 blackbelt27, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  2. sn2hotty

sn2hotty Member

Ratings:
    +0

I'm disappointed in the Quadrant scores so far- I'll explain. Running BB .5 and above (up to .6.2.1), as well as UD 2.5, my scores ranged from ~1250 to a high of 1580 (I specifically remember the 1580 because I thought it was incredible). I'm using, and continue to use with this GB stock 2.3.2, P3's 1100 LV 7-slot (125-1100) kernel.

While running UD 2.5, an updated version of Quadrant came out (1.1.7?). According to the update notes, it was supposed to fix GB issues. When I installed it in UD 2.5, suddenly my Droid seemed to slow down, and Quadrant scores dropped to between 1000 & 1200. Uninstalling Quadrant didn't seem to fix sluggishness, so I restored a backup and reverted to previous version of Quadrant. Old higher scores returned and performance was snappier again.

When I installed 2.3.2 GB, I ran the older version of Quadrant and graphics screens looked funky then the app froze & force closed. So I installed the updated version, and scores have ranged from mid 800's to around 1050. Can't tell yet if overall performance has suffered but I'm definitely disappointed in Quadrant scores, and am beginning to think that Quadrant is no longer reliable. A friend of mine thinks I am too obsessive about Quadrant scores- perhaps he is right. LOL

3. vyperstrike

vyperstrike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unlike Froyo, I think Gingerbread is less focused on speed. Pete said it was more CPU intensive, that immediately says it'll run slower.

I haven't tried the Pete's stock version, but I've installed UD 3 and a CM7 nightly, which, unsurprisingly, both recieved about the same score, 800something.

A Bugless version will likely speed things up, but I wouldn't expect froyo level scores with GB.

4. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thats crazy! an update slows things down? that doesn't make any sense

but in my experience with roms and all things droid, if it wasnt made SPECIFICALLY to be run on your device, its gonna be crap

hope this isnt the case for gingerbread

5. vyperstrike

vyperstrike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The update adds more. I don't actually know all the changes, but additional features and graphical improvements can come at a cost. And yeah, since our device isn't intended to run GB, they aren't concerned with a little slowness. I'm assuming the newer devices with the 1ghz processors aren't going to have as much of a problem.

6. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    But even on faster devices "MORE cpu intensive" will be just that, more intensive. Even a small impact, I would consider a big deal, what specifically is gingerbread supposed to improve on if not speed?

7. mjforte

mjforte Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good question. I know it was supposed to give a more uniform feel to the UI, and the screen off animation, but if your someone that likes themes on their phone, I almost don't really see the point in gingerbread.

8. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    If you guys are getting weak quadrant scores(I myself don't rely on) may I suggest LGB 1.2. At 1.0ghz ULV(stock kernel) I get a quadrant score of 1100-1350. Used to be a Bugless ROM fan myself, Pete does some great work but i've been more than happy with LGB. Give it a try, I know every phone is different but it's definitely worth a look.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    + about a million here. My wife had BB and said she liked it...flashed LGB on there and she LOVES it.dancedroid

PS....her Quadrant scores are 1581 almost religiously....dancedroid

11. joe1980

joe1980 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With the 1GHz kernel that Pete recommended, I'm getting 1300+... about the same that I was getting with BB 0.6.2. I'm not sure about battery life yet since I've only been running it for about a day and a half.

12. sn2hotty

sn2hotty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I'll give the kernel Pete recommended a try. But if I'm not mistaken, it's a Slayher kernel, and although they have performed VERY well on my phone (highest Quadrant scores I've ever recorded, if that even matters anymore), at least for me, they got very hot, and battery life was horrible (tried a few different ones).

I've been running this ROM for a little more than 24 hours with P3 Droid's LV 7-slot 1100
    (125-1100 MHz), and so far battery life is impressive. My Droid's been unplugged for 7 hours with heavy usage; ie, lots of surfing, with wifi turned on for about 2 hours (used it for surfing for a half hour or so then forgot it was on LOL), a few texts, and tested navigation for about a half hour while out and about today. Plugging it back in now with battery at 40%. Not bad in my experience.

Side note and a bit off topic (sorry) but I had to make the observation. I'm typing this on my phone and while doing so, performance has slowed tremendously- typing on either GB or real keyboard is extremely sluggish. I have never experienced this before. I'll mention it in the bug thread.