2.2 with Rom Manager

smokinfish

Reaction score
I used rom manager to flash 2.2 very easy to use and I was able to backup my 2.1 in the process.

If this had been posted already feel free to remove.

D

northernmoris

Reaction score
I updated the same way.. I was surprised at how easy it was and wondered why more people don't go that route.. As far as backing up 2.1, how do you restore? .sbf and then restore after.. I found out the hard way you can't restore while 2.2 is there..

suzook

Reaction score
????????? WHen did rom manager become available to droid x???? Are you on the wrong forum? Or did I miss something?

avt123

Reaction score
lol yea...the bootstrap app still says that it will be on ROM manager soon, unless he just didn't update the description?

xMercury

Reaction score
????????? WHen did rom manager become available to droid x???? Are you on the wrong forum? Or did I miss something?

Yesterday I believe there was an update. Or maybe even Friday. You need to have Droid X Bootstrap installed as well for it to work.

ROM Manager does support Droid X now.

suzook

Reaction score

Yesterday I believe there was an update. Or maybe even Friday. You need to have Droid X Bootstrap installed as well for it to work.

ROM Manager does support Droid X now.

WOW...i already am on 2.2....does the bootsrap work on that also?

xMercury

Reaction score
Yes it does. Just have ROM Manager and the Bootstrap app installed and you can use ROM Manager to backup and restore nandroids and upgrade to 2.2 with it for those who haven't. I don't think you can install any other ROMs just yet though. For now it's just 2.2.

suzook

Reaction score
Yes it does. Just have ROM Manager and the Bootstrap app installed and you can use ROM Manager to backup and restore nandroids and upgrade to 2.2 with it for those who haven't. I don't think you can install any other ROMs just yet though. For now it's just 2.2.

I am already on 2.2....curious if bootstrapper can be installed? Dont wanna screw the phone. Thanks

xMercury

Reaction score

I am already on 2.2....curious if bootstrapper can be installed? Dont wanna screw the phone. Thanks

Yeah go for it. I'm on 2.2 as well and have it installed.

beeray

Reaction score
I rooted with easy root and really want to upgrade to 2.2 with rom manager. Will this prevent the ota from verizon? Will doing it this way really work on my phone?

Beeray

northernmoris

Reaction score
Motorola released a statement saying you will not recieve the ota if you have the leak. With that said you can flash the .sbf to go back to 2.1 and then get the upgrade. And yes you can get 2.2 tgrough rom manager. I hVe had no issues and its so much better than 2.1. Follow tge directions and you will be fine.

beeray

Reaction score
Can you easily get back to 2.1 with boostrap?

Beeray

northernmoris

Reaction score
Nope. It doesnt work. Its a different kernal. The only way to get back to 2.1 from 2.2 is the flash the .sbf. Which isnt to hard. My advice is its worth it. If you are worried just wait for a couole weeks for the ota, which also has been leaked.