2.2 update where are you?!

kdw11005

Reaction score
I recieved an e mail from vzw saying I had recieved the 2.2 update and it listed all the "new features" my phone now has, the e mail was recieved on Sept. 14 and I still have not recieved the update! I called vzw twice...the first time the guy said he would contact motorola and have my phone # put on the list to recieve the update again, thinking for whatever reason my phone just didn't "pick it up" the first time. The second time I called (about a week later) I was told it just means I will recieve the update soon. So when are all the phones supposed to be updated? Last I heard they were all supposed to be 2.2 at the end of October.
I also was told from the first guy at vzw that the 2.2 update wasn't the greatest. He said if you have a lot of apps on your phone you will have a problem with 2.2. Everything I read people are complaining about it....why don't they fix it then?! Clearly there is an issue! (I have read if the phone comes witht 2.2 factory installed it's ok, just the 2.2 update is a problem)

C

cdexsw

most DX users are pissed about update to the official 2.2. from what i have heard and seen include: sms/mms problems, poor message display, camera lags, higher battery usage,issues with text notifications, freezing keyboard functionality and the biggest issue being the random reboots. there are more but these are the biggest concerns that Verizon has focused on.

so dont be in a hurry to install 2.2. be patient and when the bugs have been sorted they will push the OTA again. good things come to people who wait...

scubieman

Reaction score
I have the droid x with 2.2. I believe the update is better for me but some people it turned out to be worse. There was a release from Motorola not too long ago about known issues with droidx 2.2 update and will be corrected soon and is in the works.

kdw11005 have to tried looking for the update? settings>about phone>system updates ?

Also are you rooted or running customs ROMS

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
I didn't know I could go into system updates so I did & there it was, but it says it's 2.3.16. Is that a newer version of 2.2? thank you so much for letting me know I could do that! I also read on another post a suggestion to factory reset the phone then re install your apps with 2.2 already on there & maybe it would run smoother. If I have any problems I
think I will try that. Thank you both for your help! I'll keep my fingers crossed that 2.3 is a better, bug free version :)