2.2 update issues

OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Should I post in the droid2 forum? Still have browser issues and accelerometer issues since the "upgrade."

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

banjo818

Reaction score
I just got the second 2.2 update and now my email app is asking me to force close at random. Any thoughts or anyone else with this issue?

OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Bumping this one back up...
I'm still having lots of little issues with my phone. I called Verizon today and they recommended a hard reset, but I'm lazy and don't want to have to re-download all my apps. Is there a way to back them up so I don't have to back and grab each of them?

JLB09

Reaction score
I'm still having lots of little issues with my phone. I called Verizon today and they recommended a hard reset, but I'm lazy and don't want to have to re-download all my apps. Is there a way to back them up so I don't have to back and grab each of them?

excellent question!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The paid apps will reload automatically. Just make sure that under Settings/Privacy that you have Backup My Data and Automatic Restore checked. I think the unpaid apps will reload too. Mind did last time I installed a new rom for which I wiped cache and data.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
All the apps you downloaded should reinstall themselves, but if you notice any missing you can manually install them later when you want/need them. The biggest problem with doing a hard reset, as far as I'm concerned, is getting all the settings back the way you want them. No big deal, really, but time-consuming and annoying. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree with Verizon. Do a factory data reset. Yeah it's a pain to have to get your apps back, but your paid one's will all be located in your download folder in the Market and it will clear up most of these issues you're having.

You probably are running an app that's not playing nice. Add your apps back in on an "as needed" basis and you should discover the problem app.

You're really trying to find an easy fix for something that isn't that easy to fix this time. Do the Factory Data Reset so your phone works properly.

OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score

I agree with Verizon. Do a factory data reset. Yeah it's a pain to have to get your apps back, but your paid one's will all be located in your download folder in the Market and it will clear up most of these issues you're having.

You probably are running an app that's not playing nice. Add your apps back in on an "as needed" basis and you should discover the problem app.

You're really trying to find an easy fix for something that isn't that easy to fix this time. Do the Factory Data Reset so your phone works properly.

The only app I have that might be affecting the way the phone operates is Lookout. All the other ones are games, wallpaper apps, etc.
I have no problem doing the factory reset I would just like to save as many of my apps as I can, if possible. 98% of the ones I have are free and I'd rather not have to go back and find each one again if I can help it, but here goes nothing...

Last edited:
OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Did the reset, all my apps did restore (phew) and the phone seems faster but I'm still having a few problems (the most annoying/prevalent... my browser stays on the last page I visited, does not default to the home page).

OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Stop hitting the home button and back out using the back key.
Is that the only way to get it to go home? With 2.1 you could hit the home key and if the phone went to sleep before you opened the browser again it would default to the home page. Kind of annoying having to back clear out every time.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There might be something in the settings, but I like not having to navigate back to the last page I was on if I have to do something and I set the phone down for a bit.

A quick thing to remember is to back out if you don't want to go back but go home if you want to return to where you were.