2.2 Text Messaging App issue

avt123

Reaction score
It also happens in handcent with the new messages not appearing on the top. But, that has to do with the time stamps...The new message comes in and positions itself under the time of the last message closest to it.

EX. I have a message I sent at 8:04PM.... I just received a text and it's 11:33PM, but according to the timestamp it is 7:33PM. This thread will now appear under the thread that had the last message at 8:04.

Seano

Reaction score
ok i just found this on the androidforums. if you rename messaging.apk and conversations.apk to .bak then your handcent timestamps will be back to normal. i just tried this and it did work.

just dont remove them only rename incase you need to add them later.

avt123

Reaction score
ok i just found this on the androidforums. if you rename messaging.apk and conversations.apk to .bak then your handcent timestamps will be back to normal. i just tried this and it did work.

just dont remove them only rename incase you need to add them later.

Yea, but the only thing is, messing with those two files can result in problems send/receiving MMS, and sometimes SMS may not come it. At least that's what I read about it. Can you confirm that you can still send and receive MMS?

Seano

Reaction score
just tested it and i can not send or receive mms messages. but my sms's have the correct time stamp lol.

avt123

Reaction score
Yea. I guess I will just wait to see if a fix comes out with a mod, or if the Handcent developer can at least fix up handcent. I would rather have some timestamps off them miss a message.

Seano

Reaction score
what i dont get is that not everyone is having this issue. which way did you install froyo? p3droids or koushs?

avt123

Reaction score
p3's. I had to delete Koushs recovery when I did it. I just deleted some files. Also, what I find funny is that received MMS timestamps show the correct time.

Seano

Reaction score
i used koush's so it looks like it happens to both.

yeah and that messes up the whole convo with someone.

avt123

Reaction score
I wonder though, do these .odex files have anything to do with it?

avt123

Reaction score
Yea I asked about the odex files in another thread, and I was just told to ignore them. Oh well, all we can do now is wait for a solution from someone, or wait for the official OTA to see if that fixes it.

Seano

Reaction score
did you reboot?

also make sure you delete your previous messages as the time and date will be off from you changing it.

titos

Reaction score

Attachments

• CAP201008221820.jpg
    CAP201008221820.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 210