1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2.2 Text Messaging App issue

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by MrDonBonJovi, Aug 21, 2010.

1. MrDonBonJovi

MrDonBonJovi New Member

After the update I will get a new text message and when I open the app it doesn't move it to the top of the list...

Any ideas?
  2. Seano

Seano New Member

i am getting the same exact thing along with the time stamp on received messages being back by 4 hours also.

im only getting this issue with handcent/chomp but with the original text messaging app everything is fine.
  3. Seano

Seano New Member

actually its doing the same thing with the text messaging app too, my bad.
  4. motorhaith

motorhaith New Member

mine did the same... i used both handcent and the stock... after a couple of reboots, it seemed to fix it.. also make sure you go to your market and see if there are any updates for handcent or any 3rd party apps....
  5. avt123

avt123 New Member

Mine only does it in Handcent. Stock SMS app works fine, but I don't want to use it. :)

I have done several reboots and checked for updates and that hasn't fixed it. I just emailed the developer to see if he knows about this and is possibly working on a fix.
  6. Seano

Seano New Member

mine does it with handcent, chomp and the stock sms app. the stock sms app has the correct times though.
  7. avt123

avt123 New Member

Wait, you just said it does it with the stock app, but then in the next sentence you said the stock app has the correct times? Is it consistent or is it happening every once in a while?

I hope a handcent updates comes out soon and addresses this. It just looks really weird, and is confusing when getting messages before you wake up lol.
  8. Seano

Seano New Member

the stock app doesnt show the newest message at the top but the time stamps on it are correct.
  9. avt123

avt123 New Member

ah ok. that makes more sense lol.
  10. Purple Hayes

Purple Hayes New Member

Whatdayouknow. I have the very same problem. Please post what the Dev said, i remeber getting quite the speedy response from him/her but probably a him, a few weeks ago.
  11. Seano

Seano New Member

but its not just a handcent issue. its handcent, chompsms and stock messaging app issue.
  12. Seano

Seano New Member

i tried reinstalling froyo and wiping data/cache and i am still getting the same thing.
  13. avt123

avt123 New Member

The developer just responded to me twice within 5 minutes. The first time they asked if it was happening in the stock app as well, and I said no, because it isn't happening for me in the stock app. The second email they said they are going to email me a beta version within the next few days. This is one awesome developer!
  14. Seano

Seano New Member

it is happening with the stock app though. the time stamps are correct on the stock app but the new texts arent showing up at the top of the list.
  15. avt123

avt123 New Member

I know that, but that wasn't the issue I had. I do not use the stock app so I do not care about that. It's not like the Handcent dev can do anything about it. I want the timestamps fixed in his app. That's all he can help me with lol.
  16. avt123

avt123 New Member

It also happens in handcent with the new messages not appearing on the top. But, that has to do with the time stamps...The new message comes in and positions itself under the time of the last message closest to it.

EX. I have a message I sent at 8:04PM.... I just received a text and it's 11:33PM, but according to the timestamp it is 7:33PM. This thread will now appear under the thread that had the last message at 8:04.
  17. Seano

Seano New Member

ok i just found this on the androidforums. if you rename messaging.apk and conversations.apk to .bak then your handcent timestamps will be back to normal. i just tried this and it did work.

just dont remove them only rename incase you need to add them later.
  18. avt123

avt123 New Member

Yea, but the only thing is, messing with those two files can result in problems send/receiving MMS, and sometimes SMS may not come it. At least that's what I read about it. Can you confirm that you can still send and receive MMS?
  19. Seano

Seano New Member

just tested it and i can not send or receive mms messages. but my sms's have the correct time stamp lol.
  20. avt123

avt123 New Member

Yea. I guess I will just wait to see if a fix comes out with a mod, or if the Handcent developer can at least fix up handcent. I would rather have some timestamps off them miss a message.