2.2 launcher force close

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rp11, Jun 7, 2010.

1. rp11

rp11 New Member

I installed 2.2 on my droid and it works fine for about 10 minutes and then all of a sudden after busybox is installed from titanium and i restore applications the launcher constantly force closes over and over making the phone unusable. how do i fix this issue? Is there a way to fix just the launcher without wiping the whole thing out again?
  2. skourg3

skourg3 New Member

Are you using the stock launcher or a replacement such as LauncherPro or ADW? A fix_permissions might fix it, but it could be possible that you restored something with titanium that wasn't compatible with 2.2 (if you restored all of your settings too). If that's the case then I'm not really sure.
  3. jimmiet

jimmiet New Member

This happened to me as well. I just booted into recovery. Wiped data/cache 3x's. Restored the Froyo Nandroid. And let it take about an hour to sync all my apps back on its own instead of using Titanium. I believe something Titanium backed up in 2.1 caused the problem since it hasn't since and as long as you don't go to the market before the sync is over (which will be awhile, like I said it was an hour for me) all your apps will be back on your phone. I was using the stock launcher btw.
  4. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

I had the exact same problem, but I got around it.

When I back up the apps using Titanium Backup, I set those apps to store using LZO compression. That made the difference. Restoring the apps and their data after that eliminated the Force Closing.
Search tags for this page

force close launcher fix permissions