2.2 is a disaster!

OP
S

shinji246

Reaction score
Flash back to a rooted 2.1 rom if it bothers you that much.

I can see you only read the first message of this post...great job.

What the hell is your problem? snarky little bastard.

In the time you boo hoo'd throughout this thread, you could have actually used google to find out that if you flash a 2.0.1 stock sbf file using RSD lite, you'd be able to then apply the official 2.1 unrooted update.zip and you'd be back on unrooted 2.1. Or if you were too lazy to do that, you could at least be polite.

But noooo crying and acting smug clearly gets you so much farther...great job. :rolleyes:

edit: I originally linked all the files you need to revert to 2.1 in this post, but nahh you can find them yourself.

I seem to have found everything i needed by "Boo Hooing" throughout this thread, I got plenty of far and got all of the answers I needed, if you would have read on you could see that I apologized to CdJones for speaking that way, I got that way thanks to jerks like YOU.

fichdak

Reaction score
I can see you only read the first message of this post...great job.

What the hell is your problem? snarky little bastard.

In the time you boo hoo'd throughout this thread, you could have actually used google to find out that if you flash a 2.0.1 stock sbf file using RSD lite, you'd be able to then apply the official 2.1 unrooted update.zip and you'd be back on unrooted 2.1. Or if you were too lazy to do that, you could at least be polite.

But noooo crying and acting smug clearly gets you so much farther...great job. :rolleyes:

edit: I originally linked all the files you need to revert to 2.1 in this post, but nahh you can find them yourself.

I seem to have found everything i needed by "Boo Hooing" throughout this thread, I got plenty of far and got all of the answers I needed, if you would have read on you could see that I apologized to CdJones for speaking that way, I got that way thanks to jerks like YOU.
Yeah, I'm the bad guy. Whatever you say! :heart:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the thread title is rubbing people the wrong way. The things you listed as part of the "disaster!" are...kinda minimal/can be worked around.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The thread title is a bit extreme, but so are some of the posts, we can all do without the name calling, finger pointing, rudeness and putdowns, it has a tendency to get us nowhere, if you don't agree with the OP or a post and have nothing but trash to type, then move on, if you think you can help or speak some words of wisdom than do so, but for the people who have replied and are trying to help and watch the thread to see the outcome some of these replies are unnecessary

OP
S

shinji246

Reaction score
I think the thread title is rubbing people the wrong way. The things you listed as part of the "disaster!" are...kinda minimal/can be worked around.

Yeah, was extremely upset when i was given the update and agreed, then immediately didn't like it and did not realize there is no way to get back to 2.1 stock. It is a strong title and it's a lot of tension built up by googles recent changes lately and complete ignoring of customer feedback, as well as them shutting down wave, which I use extensively.

The thread title is a bit extreme, but so are some of the posts, we can all do without the name calling, finger pointing, rudeness and putdowns, it has a tendency to get us nowhere, if you don't agree with the OP or a post and have nothing but trash to type, then move on, if you think you can help or speak some words of wisdom than do so, but for the people who have replied and are trying to help and watch the thread to see the outcome some of these replies are unnecessary

I agree, am having trouble rooting, seems since I am already on 2.2 that the root is made for 2.1 users? So far it's just frozen up and done a constant reboot with a cancel sign on the battery symbol, any help is appreciated.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Answer the first -- Easy Root is stolen code and was pulled by Google for a very good reason. The code was stolen from the DroidMod team. Who turned out the lights? | DroidMod.org The important bits are halfway down. Sounds a bit shady to me after it was pulled. Easy Root also does a shoddy job on some phones, leaving poor roots and other issues.

The best method to root your phone is to flash the SPRecovery SBF onto your pone. At that point I'd recommend CyanogenMod 6 RC-2 (the latest version) as the ROM of choice for someone who wants complete control over their phone but with a stock-like feel. I look at it this way -- this is what the OS could have been and should have been for most people.

Look at the link in my signature for further details on things to do after you root, and to answer some questions you might have.

Oh, and some friendly advice -- next time, count to ten, have a cigar/cigarette/beer, and try not to post a title out of anger. The update may have been a major upset for you, but it's not a disaster. A circus, perhaps (just ask cereal killer), but not a disaster. :D

OP
S

shinji246

Reaction score
Answer the first -- Easy Root is stolen code and was pulled by Google for a very good reason. The code was stolen from the DroidMod team. Who turned out the lights? | DroidMod.org The important bits are halfway down. Sounds a bit shady to me after it was pulled. Easy Root also does a shoddy job on some phones, leaving poor roots and other issues.

The best method to root your phone is to flash the SPRecovery SBF onto your pone. At that point I'd recommend CyanogenMod 6 RC-2 (the latest version) as the ROM of choice for someone who wants complete control over their phone but with a stock-like feel. I look at it this way -- this is what the OS could have been and should have been for most people.

Look at the link in my signature for further details on things to do after you root, and to answer some questions you might have.

Oh, and some friendly advice -- next time, count to ten, have a cigar/cigarette/beer, and try not to post a title out of anger. The update may have been a major upset for you, but it's not a disaster. A circus, perhaps (just ask cereal killer), but not a disaster. :D

Hahaha well stated well stated! I would agree, however I don't have any anger outlets, I don't smoke/drink at all haha. I really appreciate this and I think this is exactly what i'm looking for. Sorry to everyone and if we can just stop the bickering that would be best I have calmed down and going back and forth with everyone is doing nothing but making me and everyone else upset. Once again i'm sorry and I hope all of my fellow droid users have a great day!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I don't smoke/drink at all haha.

I'll donate a cigar or two to break that nasty habit of yours. ;) Maybe some XO brandy, as well, if you're old enough.

And welcome to the Dark Side (Root users). We have cookies.

Soon in gingerbread. :D

OP
S

shinji246

Reaction score
I don't smoke/drink at all haha.

I'll donate a cigar or two to break that nasty habit of yours. ;) Maybe some XO brandy, as well, if you're old enough.

And welcome to the Dark Side (Root users). We have cookies.

Soon in gingerbread. :D

Lol I have a bottle of everclear here myself, only used that for firespitting so far though...I do enjoy cookies...how about some brownies? My favorite!

Ryan57ford

Reaction score
For the people with music playlist problems, have you tried using doubletwist? You download it on your desktop and your phone and it works like Itunes, it backs up your videos, music, pictures and playlists... its not as smooth as itunes, but it works pretty good still...

OP
S

shinji246

Reaction score
For the people with music playlist problems, have you tried using doubletwist? You download it on your desktop and your phone and it works like Itunes, it backs up your videos, music, pictures and playlists... its not as smooth as itunes, but it works pretty good still...

He said he doesn't have a computer whatsoever btw. Thanks for the suggestion though.

jthorpe

Reaction score
Then go backwards. If you can't become accustom to the vast improvements because of a few things you don't like then go back. 2.2 is far from a disaster.

If there is a way to go back to 2.1, I will gladly do so. I also think 2.2 sucks. My phone is slower, gmail goes blank 50% of the time I try to use it, the touch screen doesn't work they it used to, the vibrate mode is screwed up and doesn't work the way it should, and the car mode screen is a piece of crap. Call me all the names you want, but lets face it. This is a downward spiral from 2.1, bigtime.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Then go backwards. If you can't become accustom to the vast improvements because of a few things you don't like then go back. 2.2 is far from a disaster.

If there is a way to go back to 2.1, I will gladly do so. I also think 2.2 sucks. My phone is slower, gmail goes blank 50% of the time I try to use it, the touch screen doesn't work they it used to, the vibrate mode is screwed up and doesn't work the way it should, and the car mode screen is a piece of crap. Call me all the names you want, but lets face it. This is a downward spiral from 2.1, bigtime.

It's your phone not 2. 2. Contact Verizon as it sounds like a warranty issue. The update didn't work for every single phone. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jthorpe

Reaction score
My phone worked fine before this "upgrade". There isn't a thing wrong with it except for the new OS. It's a piece of crap.

If anyone has instructions on how to downgrade back to 2.1, it would be greatly appreciated.

plongson

Reaction score
Heck, I'm loving 2.2 I did the manual large file update and i'm very happy with it. Using Quadrant, my speed went from 350 with 2.1 to >800 all the time with 2.2. Just say'n...

PS..It would NEVER had happened without the help of furbearingmammal... THANKS