2.2 is a disaster!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just one thing I want to point out to the OP. As far as the launcher goes, if it isn't built to the OS, it's going to have issues. Works that way with any app and sometimes when you have an upgrade some things happen. But to go back to 2.1 is well, really kind of a huge mistake.

But it's your phone, do as you like.

joekatet

Reaction score
If I go back, will I get my music back? This is bull****!! You don't **** with someones music!! I would love the update too, but let me erase half your music, then tell me how you feel. :(

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Unfortunately, nothing is going to bring your created playlist back. Even if you downgrade back to 2.1. You will have to reprogram them again.

For the other person, as far as the buttons changing and the screen color being different, you will have to downgrade or root your phone, which is not difficult, and install a custom rom.

I am sure once you both get by the lose of the things you are accustomed to, you will see the Froyo 2.2 is actually a far better OS than 2.1 and your frustrations will subside.

FYI - If we are fortunate enough to see another up date, for the person with the music problem, please try and back up and save your filed information on your computer to avoid any issues in the future. I recommend doing that at least once a month.

Good luck with the changes and it is really not that bad.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Simmuh dow' now... :) I understand that messing with a man's Droid is like touchin' his woman, but rang near anyone in this forum is willing to help out with just about anything. No need to yell...

it seems the biggest gripe (other than mms) has to do with the dockbar. But, there are lots of launcher apps in the mkt, such as ADW and Launched Pro. Most will have the dockbar cuz that seems to be what people want. But you may be able to find one to your liking. Good luck!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Perhaps you should get a different launcher, that will definitely help. Launcher pro is great. Also, handcent really isn't that hard to use. Just set it to dark and don't mess with the other settings.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, those launchers have an option in settings to hide the dock bar, or have it pop up and then fade out...

Last edited:

GeLopez

Reaction score
no way the update had anything to do with erasing music, thats user error just accept it and redo it and, next time a good backup system should be use.

joekatet

Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting over the fact that I lost some music, and have re-create my playlists, only because I should have it all backed up, and didn't. The fact that I don't have a computer doesn't help, I use my phone for everything. Is there a way I can backup my phone without a computer before I do anymore updates in the future. Also, I am always super excited to get updates, I love new features, actually, I like everything about this update, I'm just pissed I lost my music. Any help with the backing up thing would be greatly appreciated. Also, what does it mean to root your phone?

Thanks in advance,
joe

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting over the fact that I lost some music, and have re-create my playlists, only because I should have it all backed up, and didn't. The fact that I don't have a computer doesn't help, I use my phone for everything. Is there a way I can backup my phone without a computer before I do anymore updates in the future. Also, I am always super excited to get updates, I love new features, actually, I like everything about this update, I'm just pissed I lost my music. Any help with the backing up thing would be greatly appreciated. Also, what does it mean to root your phone?

Thanks in advance,
joe

Joe….Your phone is a Google phone. Google would indicate that your back ups to everything will be in gmail, Google Calendar, etc.

I don't know why you lost your music, that's odd it shouldn't have happened, but the point is that you are going to have to access Google sometime or another by computer.

Library, or a friends house for the computer. Bring your usb plug in.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Joe, I am wondering how you lost your music also, now playlists, that is a different story, I quit making playlists because everytime I flash a new ROM (which is kind of like updating your software) my playlist would be gone. Music or mp3 files on the other hand are all stored on your SD card and the 2.2 update, or any other update for that matter would not cause files on your SD card to be erased

For the record, I have not been able to find an app that succesfully backs up playlists made within the stock music.apk, as nice as that would be

tp

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea that music thing, thats not a wholesale problem with 2.2, that didnt happen to me.

About the background being white....as long as the text is black, there should be no problem reading....

Problems some ppl are having with 2.2, I and others just havent seen. I been running 2.2 since June, have the latest one now, and I have no intentions of going back to 2.1. 2.2 is far from a disaster...lol (I hear EVO owners saying the same thing too...)

Like with any update for any OS, either desktop or mobile phone....some ppl just run into weird things happening to them.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea that music thing, thats not a wholesale problem with 2.2, that didnt happen to me.

About the background being white....as long as the text is black, there should be no problem reading....

Problems some ppl are having with 2.2, I and others just havent seen. I been running 2.2 since June, have the latest one now, and I have no intentions of going back to 2.1. 2.2 is far from a disaster...lol (I hear EVO owners saying the same thing too...)

Like with any update for any OS, either desktop or mobile phone....some ppl just run into weird things happening to them.

The EVO is much much better on 2.2 but it still isnt great overall. Needs a new baseband badly around here or a better network to run on :icon_ banana:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
When my phone wasn't rooted and I updated to 2.1 I actually lost all my music. It was still on the sd card but no matter what I tried it wouldn't show up in the OS. I finally just had to delete the music off the card and then resync it. After that I haven't had any problems. Probably just a fluke, but it sucks when it happens I guess. That's definitely not a reason to call the whole update a disaster though.