2.2 help please

edogg534

Reaction score
Just got the update this morning and it has slowed my phone down and restarted on its own at least 25 times throughout the day today. It's also been frozen multiple times for about 15 minutes before i took the battery out (frozen as I type this). Is anyone else having similar problems and solutions to this? Thanks.

erikfig

Reaction score
Push the sbf file using RSD lite and use the 2.2 rooted. That update is a complete mess!!

OP
E

edogg534

Reaction score
yeah i use a task killer and everytime i kill apps it says like 18 or 19 apps killed everytime.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I'm scared to update.... just got the chance tonight. Don't want to lose my tethering ability (for free) is my big concern

NofJandN93

Reaction score
Unbeknown to me, the update started and ended up locking up my phone in an endless reboot loop. Was very upset trying to reach someone at the store where I got the phone. When I finally talked to someone, they basically said my phone was dead and I was out of luck until Monday. Not one to give up easy, I called the tech support and after a factory reset, I had my phone back. Shortly there after, it did the update. It went fine. I did have advanced task killer on my phone,but I also had other apps, too. SOME app definitely caused the glitch. Sounds like the task killer app is the suspect. I hope they upgrade as I LOVE that app!!

OP
E

edogg534

Reaction score
ok so i uninstalled the task killer. do i need to restore my phone to the factory settings?

NofJandN93

Reaction score
I had to do the factory reset because it was literally stuck in an endless loop. I would hold off on the factory reset unless you absolutely have to do it.

OP
E

edogg534

Reaction score
phone working smooth now but now i just cant send or receive messages.

nooter99

Reaction score
yeah i use a task killer and everytime i kill apps it says like 18 or 19 apps killed everytime.

every person that has had a problem with 2.2 uses a task killer

FYI

Not true! I removed task killer 4 months ago and I am experiencing all the same issues as others have mentioned since I updated 2 days ago. 2.2 has dramatically reduced my phones performance. Feel free to read my other posts.