2.2 Froyo Issues and Questions? Come in Here.

droidski23

Reaction score
i am using the stock texting, ill try to do the battery pull. Thanks a lot.

windstrings

Reaction score
i am using the stock texting, ill try to do the battery pull. Thanks a lot.

It seems some of the devs just haven't caught up to 2.2 yet.

If your at 2.2 firmware and your using stock, I would suspect maybe another third party program could be conflicting.

If your using a task manager, turn it off for a while and see if you still have the problem.

Your text manager needs to access lots of other programs if you have it configured to link phone numbers, email addresses, accessing the gallery etc.. and task killers only makes the job more complex.

Last edited:

kiddchaos

Reaction score
SMS Text Receiving Delay

Is anyone else having this problem:
I receive text messages way after the sender sends them. Depending on how I use the phone. If I make a call i will get a bunch of texts from ppl who have sent them minutes to hours before. If I am texting sometimes the texts come through timely. I am a heavy texter and cant deal with this. I called Verizon and they called HTC who said they are aware but there is no solution. Verizon is sending me a refurb...but any advice would be appreciated. This started after updating to Froyo.

I have done a hard reset and have the issue with Handcent and the stock text messaging program.

Tominator

Reaction score
2.2 for me made the internet more laggy when scrolling. Its like the framerate of the browser dropped from 60 to 30, its no longer fluid. Also, loading pages is slower overall. Switching the screen orientation is also much more slow, and is annoying. Battery life is down about 20% and charging takes twice as long (WTF?) The scroll down to unlock the phone is laggy and sometimes doesnt respond. Lastly, swiping through the home pages is more laggy and not as fluid.

bthomasltd

Reaction score
Forgive the repeat if this subject has already been asked about. I could not find any post about it when I did a forum search but I am having a large lag when using the Launcher Pro. Not the paid version but the free one. Home screen and general use for text, email browser etc.... Major lag. Driving me nits. Anyone found that to happen?

rrusho

Reaction score
I thought the froyo 2.2 supported hands free bluetooth dialing? So far not able to get it to work with my DINC. I have a Blueant V1 headset and the speed dials I set up work fine, still not able to access my people/contacts to dial out via bluetooth. The techs at VZW say that froyo 2.2 does not support bluetooth dialing that it's just as before the update, NO BLUETOOTH DIALING SUPPORTED. No big surprise to me that VZW has no clue about this. Usually when I call I know more than most of the techs I'm talking to. Does anyone have this feature working yet? Please help me out here, this is ridiculous. Every where I look on the web re: "new froyo features" it says bluetooth dialing supported, what am I missing. Thanks for any insight on this one... :icon_evil:

It works just fine on my Dinc. I just hit the side button on my headset and away it goes. I use a Plantronics Voyager Pro headset.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forgive the repeat if this subject has already been asked about. I could not find any post about it when I did a forum search but I am having a large lag when using the Launcher Pro. Not the paid version but the free one. Home screen and general use for text, email browser etc.... Major lag. Driving me nits. Anyone found that to happen?

That's happening across the different Droid models. This is an application issue, remember, you build the app to the OS not the other way around.

kalor

Reaction score
Froyo update killed my battery too. Plugged in overnight now gets me to 50% charge, which dies in about an hour when not in use. Phone was perfect before update and battery lasted a couple of days with what I'd consider regular use.

I just want my old phone back. It sure wasn't broke, but they fixed it. And now it is broke. Makes perfect sense, right? My Incredible was upgraded to a paper weight for free and at no charge. Yippee!!!

Hwangman

Reaction score
I just updated and aside from the lag, i'm having issues with the screen orientation while texting. Before the update, if i rotated the phone to text, the screen adjusted instantly. Now, it takes a good 5+ seconds before the screen adjusts itself. Any ideas on a fix?

Also, i've heard that there's no way to get back to 2.1. Is that true?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just updated and aside from the lag, i'm having issues with the screen orientation while texting. Before the update, if i rotated the phone to text, the screen adjusted instantly. Now, it takes a good 5+ seconds before the screen adjusts itself. Any ideas on a fix?

It was a mandatory update. The only way you can avoid it is to root your Incredible, and I'm sorry, I'm not that well versed on the Incredible to tell you if you can even go back to 2.1

Consider doing a Factory Data Reset. That may resolve many issues.

Hwangman

Reaction score
Thanks Hook. I will look up how to do that and give it a shot. I'd be fine w/waiting until a fix came out, but i haven't heard any estimations as to when/if that's happening.

RyanPm40

Reaction score

It was a mandatory update. The only way you can avoid it is to root your Incredible, and I'm sorry, I'm not that well versed on the Incredible to tell you if you can even go back to 2.1

Consider doing a Factory Data Reset. That may resolve many issues.

Would doing that erase my files from phone storage?

ARod

Reaction score
I have the droid x and am still waiting for the upgrade to froyo. Can anybody tell me if there is any difference between the leaked version and the official version? Also when the official version is coming out?

windstrings

Reaction score
Without going into great lengths as I have on other threads.....

suffice to say I have not done a factory reset.

1. Getting rid of Handcent and
2. turning my taskkiller off
3. Installing "app 2 sd" and using it.
4. installed chompsms to replace handcent.
5. Pulling battery with a restart "did it just for grins"

My phone dances with glee like it did when I first bought it!

worked for me!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Without going into great lengths as I have on other threads.....

suffice to say I have not done a factory reset.

1. Getting rid of Handcent and
2. turning my taskkiller off
3. Installing "app 2 sd" and using it.
4. installed chompsms to replace handcent.
5. Pulling battery with a restart "did it just for grins"

My phone dances with glee like it did when I first bought it!

worked for me!

What does it mean to pull the battery with a restart?