2.2 Froyo Issues and Questions? Come in Here.

alexdeluxe

Reaction score
I was looking for a Sense ROM that had better battery and improved performance. It was my first custom rom and it works great with the kingxklick kernels.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged.

I find it hard to believe that you guys can't see the sticky that says if you are having issues, come in here.

Laggy Incredible has been discussed many times in here. Try a factory data reset. That will more then likely fix any issues you are having. Also make sure you dump any task killers or virus protection.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Threads merged.

I find it hard to believe that you guys can't see the sticky that says if you are having issues, come in here.

Laggy Incredible has been discussed many times in here. Try a factory data reset. That will more then likely fix any issues you are having. Also make sure you dump any task killers or virus protection.

Not true. I did a factory reset and have no task killers, no antivirus. Phone still lagging.

adventuretog

Reaction score
My battery life went to hell after 2.2 uploaded. It stayed that way for about 6 days, no matter what settings or GPS or any of that. Then all of a sudden it got better than had been BEFORE the upgrade. Now I get at least 48 hours of normal use. They fixed whatever issue is was on the original Droid. Keep complaining here and to your salesmen and anyone else you can think of.

windstrings

Reaction score
Which sites have flash that you have visited? I hear about "my flash is working great on sites with flash" but no one says what site it is. C'mon help me out here... At this point I don't even know if my flash has ever kicked in or not, I don't think it has. This Flash is a big mystery as to what phones are actually getting it to work...

go to My Flash Clips | Videos Games Cartoons - Free Flash Arcade there are many games you can play with that all work from flash. Click on a link if you see antimated moving stuff... your good.

This site if filled with flash Newgrounds.com — Everything, By Everyone
Antimated advertisements, motion pics... most all runs from flash.

Here is a flash movie..
Stick Figure Fight - Cool Flash Movie | Adobe Flash | Howcast.com

Just go to the site with your computer... see how its supposed to look.... copy the address to your phone and go there to compare.
There is a movie at that link you can click on the "play" button and its pretty cool to watch on your phone.

Last edited:

windstrings

Reaction score
My battery life went to hell after 2.2 uploaded. It stayed that way for about 6 days, no matter what settings or GPS or any of that. Then all of a sudden it got better than had been BEFORE the upgrade. Now I get at least 48 hours of normal use. They fixed whatever issue is was on the original Droid. Keep complaining here and to your salesmen and anyone else you can think of.

i'm wondering too if Froyo "learns" what you use and shuts off what is never accessed.
I too noticed that after the dust settled things ran great.

Its common knowledge that new firmware needs to "learn" your battery scale and voltages in order to give an accurate readout.
I"m using the 3500mah and its doing great.... unless I start playing lots of youtube/flash stuff, the battery lasts great.. but some of those movies suck battery terribly.

I still get an occasional auto reboot... not sure what thats all about....

I still have not done a factory reset..... until I see no one having problems that has done the reset, I'm figuring all the reset is doing is tossing apps installed with poorly configured settings based on 2.1.

For what its worth, I've set my phone to vocodec EVRC-B... and am happier with the voice quality.

WDroid

Reaction score
The funny thing is that a Verizon Rep installed all 3 of these apps on my phone without asking when I went in for a new battery cover....go figure

Thanks to the wonderful wonderful members who gave me such great advice!!

I work for Verizon and honestly before the 2.2 Update ATK was something highly recommended. This is something the rep did to help you not hurt you. We don't take trainings on 3rd party apps so we didn't know until after the fact the effects of the ATK and AntiVirus. :greendroid:

ebottle

Reaction score
baseband 2.05.00.06.11 - No Froyo

I have not rooted my phone. Upgraded my phone to baseband 2.05.00.06.11 and have not received froyo update. I think I need to downgrade my baseband to be able to receive official update. I realize there are quite a few threads on how to downgrade, but I cannot figure which one I need to follow. Can someone please assist and idiot. Thanks in advance.

A

anonydroid

I dunno, I always read / thought ALL 3.5" diagonal+ hi-res screen, fast processor smartphones only came with like 4-5 hours of screen-on usage at best with a 1.4-1.5 AH battery (including non-android phones). Where do you guys read that phones should be getting tons of usage time?

The screen being off helps a lot, of course, typically taking 50-70% of battery life, but any time you use a lot of gps or 3G data (or even being on 3G) will chew up a lot of battery too.

If you have an (s)AMOLED screen, you may also consider changing most themes to black or darker colours if at all possible.

windstrings

Reaction score
I prefer using a 3500mah battery and turning everything up to its full glory.
Its ashamed to have a hot rod but then worry about running out of gas because the tank is too small and so have to drive it like grandma.

The phone does an aweful lot for the size of stock battery.
While I admit there are other phones that seem to fare well for battery life, this one does allot and has many things going on at the same time.....

I've just decided that rather than pulling my hair out trying to squeeze energy out of a stock battery, I just got a bigger battery and don't have to sweat it.

xmBill

Reaction score
For my data it gives me 128139.80KB/UNLIMITED not like the 5Gb/$30 month. Does anyone else have this unlimited, or do you have 5GB? I'd like to know, incase I'm being billed for a much larger data plan in some kind of package as I was under the impression I had a 5GB.

You have an unlimited account like I have for $30 a month. Sometime in June I believe AT&T and then Verizon put caps (officially) on their plan usage, but we were grandfathered in so we still have the unlimited plan. Everybody signing up now will be under the 5GB usage. I have come close to 5GB but never went over it in my normal usage. I don't worry about my usage either, but now since Froyo 2.2 update I am getting messages trying to play YouTube videos that it is not available for mobile playback. I can still play it in the browser (thanks to Flash 10.1) however but not using the YouTube app. I don't like this and am about to complain to Verizon about this. Anyone else have this problem. I am paying for UNLIMITED and expect that.

windstrings

Reaction score
[but now since Froyo 2.2 update I am getting messages trying to play YouTube videos that it is not available for mobile playback. I can still play it in the browser (thanks to Flash 10.1) however but not using the YouTube app. I don't like this and am about to complain to Verizon about this. Anyone else have this problem. I am paying for UNLIMITED and expect that.

Yea, I think thats a caching issue... usually if you click on it again, it will play... or if you skip forward after about two skips, it will give you that message... yet if you close it, go back in and go to the same place it gave you the error, then it plays!

So as soon as they work out that bug things will be fine..

Orange14

Reaction score
I know that a number of posters have noted applications running when they should not. I've noticed the same thing, sometimes they are applications that I have not used like Skype and every time I use the FM Radio or the Music Player they continue to run even after I have stopped using it. It is not clear to me what the right way to close these applications is. It does not seem to matter if I use the back arrow or the home touch pads, the programs do not full shut down. I can close them by going to the 'running applications' in the 'applications' section of the settings. This is quite a cumbersome way to do this. Am I missing something or is this a flaw in the operating system? It seems to me that running apps contribute to batter drain.

Thanks for any advice.