1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2.2 Facebook Issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jlec3960, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jlec3960

jlec3960 New Member

BB .04 Facebook Issues

All, just to warn you first this is/was my first attempt at rooting and installing custom ROMS so I am a NOOB with this stuff.

I have the latest BB .04 ROM and Blue Energy Theme installed. I have not changed any of the clock speeds or anything else like that other than what came stock with the ROMS.

What i first experienced is that none of my contacts would show synced with Facebook. I checked in my account settings and it showed my gmail, twitter and Facebook accounts all set up to be synced. I hit resync and it didn't fix anything. I then took a picture of my daughter and tried to share it with Facebook and the option wasn't there (but text, email, twitter, etc.. were all there). Slowly I noticed that some of my contacts showed as being synced with facebook and suddenly i had the option to share my pictures with facebook again. I got excited and figured it just needed time to fully sync. So i tried to share my photo on Facebook and in the status bar it showed the upload at 0% for over and hour and i finally just restarted the phone to get rid of it.

Anyone else experience similar issues? I tried to search the forum and google but the only remotely close topic i found was someone having issues with BB for a different model phone and it was fixed in the latest revision of the ROM.

Update: Well apparently after a reboot I was able to upload to Facebook. Not sure if it is just a poor connection (even tried on wireless though) or if it a glitch or what. I hate to call this a closed issue but I guess unless it comes back again this may not be worth spending too much time on.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. dparm

dparm New Member

The Facebook upload thing has always been flaky, even on the stock 2.1 ROM.
  3. chomorro

chomorro New Member

I have always had problems with facebook syncing with 2.1 and 2.2. I just recently went through and just joined my face book friends with each contact i had. Took a few minutes but it all works perfectly now.

To do this, go to your facebook friends list in the stock FB app
    click on their picture
    select the contact icon
    click edit contact
    then click menu
    click join
    select your contact on your phone
    click done.

Hope this helps, helped me immensely :)
Search tags for this page

android 2.2 facebook sync

facebook android 2.2 problem