2.2 coming this month?

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Just finished talking to a Verizon Rep and asked about the 2.2 update. I was told that the update would be coming towards the end of the month. Sorry if someone else already mentioned this. Just felt like sharing

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Gypsy Mama

Reaction score
Just finished talking to a Verizon Rep and asked about the 2.2 update. I was told that the update would be coming towards the end of the month. Sorry if someone else already mentioned this. Just felt like sharing

I was told by verizon tech support it was released feb 2 (2.2) and we should be seeing it in the next week or so... I guess we will just have to wait and see. It would be awesome but I doubt it.

GDP

Reaction score
Weren't we supposed to get the update like 4 months ago? I'll believe it when I see it

OP
L

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
True. I'm sick of them always pushing it back. But I have a good feeling about this one =] I honestly can't wait.

Rogue27

Reaction score
my fiance works for customer service and i am a vzw sales rwp. I havent heard anything and i have my fiance check the latest software release notes everyday and there is nothing about an upcoming software release. I think that was just the rep trying to satisfy ur question with a "oh it should be out any day now" kind of answer. Dont hold ur breath is all im saying cause there is no way he/she would even know before its even been posted in the system

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Duddeeee I'm alreadyy running froyo!

ziggy484

Reaction score
Why are people still creating these threads that start with "Talked to a verizon rep" ? What a waste of everyone's time.

Rogue27

Reaction score
yeah rivaaa but im sure u went the leaked version route. This is ota talk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
my fiance works for customer service and i am a vzw sales rwp. I havent heard anything and i have my fiance check the latest software release notes everyday and there is nothing about an upcoming software release. I think that was just the rep trying to satisfy ur question with a "oh it should be out any day now" kind of answer. Dont hold ur breath is all im saying cause there is no way he/she would even know before its even been posted in the system

Hey Mr VZW rep.....when are we going to see 2.3? I am just messing with you....but seriously why doesn't VZW know anything about this? EVERYTIME I call and ask about it they are like "what is 2.3" or "what is gingerbread" and I explain and they say "that sounds cool".....:icon_ poke:

Sorry for the OT post:icon_censored:

bluevolume

Reaction score

Everybody enjoys these threads; it is exciting to think that a new update is coming. And that's what these forums are for. But, remember that its just fun.

Here's the truth, if anyone wants to know:
- Verizon reps know very little about what updates are coming. They have sheets that give them 'soft dates' on software that is planned for release.

- Officially, Verizon reps are not allowed to tell you anything about a software update until it has happened. In other words, unless you can get it today, they aren't supposed to tell you about it.

- Any Verizon rep that is telling you something is coming is essentially being insubordinate. They are still human beings, and don't follow the rules all the time, and at times they are going to add their own personal commentary to their responses. When you're on the phone all day listening to people complain, you'll sometimes say something to make people happy or just get them off the phone.

- The WORST people to ask about a software update are the in-store reps. They are given even less information than the 611 reps, and since nothing they say is recorded they are free to make up anything they want. They are salespeople (unlike 611), and stretching the truth to get a sale is fair game. Remember, when they say "I heard its coming...", there's nothing qualifying where they "heard" that from. It could have been something another rep made up, or something a customer came in and told them.

I don't mean to squash anyone's hopes, but there have been so many anti-climactic moments here that it might be time to just look at the facts. I'm certain that Froyo is still coming, but its going to be a surprise.

Loosestrings

Reaction score
I used to work for att mobility, and we found out about most software updates when people called in and said "so I got this text message from you guys..." Even with the iphone. Unfortunately, corporate just doesn't keep anyone updated about stuff like that.