2.2 available for the eris of all things....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tsk tsk.....broke one of hooks rules, submitting information with no link.:icon_evil:

OP
E

EvilWays

LOL. Yeah yeah. I'm on the bus on my way to work. As much as I love this forum, its not great to use from my Droid... its engadget.com and on the main page though. Ill link when I get to work.

OP
E

EvilWays

Got the link in my op missed my bus stop posting it too...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, who saw this coming? Froyo -- yes, the one and only Android 2.2 that got released via SDK today -- has already begun its grand voyage into hacky, totally unofficial device ROMs that are available to unhealthily brave users. The two we've got for your perusal here are for the Nexus One (of course) and Verizon's Droid Eris, of all things; our understanding is that both of them are ridiculously unstable and unpractical for actual use at this point, but it's patently obvious that these guys aren't going to sleep until there are some solid firmware binaries on the interwebs. Mountain Dew Code Red and bottles of No-Doz, fellas.

From the OP's link.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Hell I can tell you from experience that the 2.1 OTA on the Eris is WAY slower than a rooted Eris running a 2.1 custom. With that being said a rooted Eris running 2.2 custom ROM will probably be phenomenal as will pretty much ANY device running 2.2. From what I have seen though the older phones or less powerful phones do WAY better when rooted and running a custom ROM than any of the official ROMs. Same can kinda be said of the higher end devices but the performance difference is not as great as it is on the lower end ones.

fishstick600

Reaction score
anyone have any new information on the possibility of the Eris getting 2.2? I read an article that said the eris will be getting 2.2 after june?.. i dont have the link atm its somewhere in the huge 2.2 thread

Last edited:

rican408

Reaction score
I too would like an update.... they had it first it should be done right?

Exiled44

Reaction score
I was just looking at my Eris phone and i have an update on there ready to be installed. I am kinda debating on weather i want to do it or not.