2.2 and bloatware

evildesign

Reaction score
Don't remove MediaSync.apk, or else your gallery and stuff wont show any pictures.

luv2increase

Reaction score
So I started removing some bloatware from 2.2, and I noticed that a lot of files are doubles... for example..

Vvm.apk
Vvm.odex

Is this suppose t be like this? I changed the .apk to .bak on the files I do not want, but in 2.1 I never saw .odex files in there before. Anyone know what this is about?

Do yiu mind sharing why exactly it is that u r doing this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cloudzy1

Reaction score
Anyone know why renaming certain apps from xxxxx.apk to xxxxx.bak doesnt actualy remove them from my apps list such as the blockbuster one and amazon?

affliction

Reaction score
If u rename them to. Bak they shouldnt show up in ur apps try a reboot. If ur doing it using root explorer they will stay in the list but when u go to see ur apps in the menu they shouldn't show up

cloudzy1

Reaction score
Ya I did a reboot and I used root explorer to rename the apps but they still remain in the apps list im not sure if there's something im missing because the other apps that i renamed to .bak arnt there anymore. also i noticed your .bak was with a capital b is that needed?

affliction

Reaction score
No the capital isn't needed but u could try that also is its just the bloat apps like amazon. And blockbuster just delete them I can give u a link to put them back if need b

cloudzy1

Reaction score
Ive found the link but ive heard you shouldn't delete but really havnt heard why, but im not really sure how i would install them again as system aps if i needed to. but if its possible then ill just delete them

affliction

Reaction score
The only reason u don't delete is if u need to go back to stock and if u do delete all u do is download xxx.apk to ur sd then go into root explorer go to ur sd move xxx.apk to system/app no I don't suggest delete much but I did for amazon and stuff like that

nerdkill

Reaction score
i don't know what i'm doing wrong. first i renamed everything to .bak using root explorer. rebooted, everything still there. then i moved to sd card... still there. then i copy and pasted all from my phone to my pc and erased the bloat .bak files from my sd card.. rebooted.. still there. wtf?!?!

affliction

Reaction score
So when u rename the. Apk files to. Bak nothing changes? Is it all or just some of them?