2.2.1 OTA Update on Bugless Beast 0.5 Issues

SilentZOom

Reaction score
Background: Original Droid, rooted, flashed to Bugless Beast 0.5 Froyo 2.2 with Clockwork Recovery through ROM Manager (free). Baseband: C-01.43.02P Kernel: 2.6.32.9-g103d848.

A few weeks back, got the 2.2.1 update pushed to my phone, and let it restart so that clockwork could shut it down. The problem I have is that the 2.2.1 update keeps getting pushed to my phone, about three times a week, and it's obnoxious. I can't get it to go away. Even tried "allow update.zip" but it just gave me an "unsigned" error or something of the like and wouldn't update even if I had wanted to re-root and reinstall bugless.

How do I get this thing to go away for good?

P.S. I tried searching far and wide but couldn't find anything. Don't crucify me ;_;

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome: to the forums. You could take the build.prop file from your phone (it's in the /system folder) and edit it. You must use either gedit (linux) or notepadd++ (windoz) to do it and then replace it with the edited version. Change the referrences in the file from 2.2 and FRG22D to 2.2.1 and FRG83D respectively.

good luck