Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The date code is in the name, so it lists as 1970-etc. You have to Advanced Nandroid Restore to get it to load, at least from SPRecovery. No problem flashing it, though. :)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Why didn't the rsd lite version (the best way) work for you?

I went through all the steps. Made sure my phone was in USB transfer mode on the boot loader, checked the first come first serve box and made sure I was system administrator too, but my phone was not showing up in the RSD grid. I even went through the trouble shooting area from the info given off of one of the forums here. I believe it was the one that was to root all OS versions. That had the brief and step by step instructions. My phoone was never recognized.

What I put in bold caught my attention. If you truly booted your phone into bootloader, there are no "modes", menu's, or options there. You're just seeing a screen that says "Bootloader", etc. For some reason I am suspecting that you are actually booted into recovery.

So, maybe try printing out that post (root all OS) and carefully checking off the steps as you go. Even though it's long, it is still the most reliable and failsafe method (if followed correctly) to root the Moto A855 Droid.

Let us know and good luck

p.s. Oh crap! This is MY 1,111th! dancedroid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Been posting for a year now, Teddy. Gotta watch that. Might be habit-forming. ;)

OP/whoever else is watching/reading, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

OP
cbroussard99

cbroussard99

Reaction score
On my old phone I have clockwork recovery. I have done the factory reset and the wipe. I tried to use my wife's SD card to restore the broken phone but it too didn't work.

On the new phone I have deleted each update zip I have installed and it is not working on a stock droid 2.2.1 with the FRG83D.

I did back up my SD Card about a month ago and for some damb reason I can't get my external drive to open on the computer. I am thinking my USB cable is the problem but I have yet to find another cable to try it out.

If the new phone is not rooted or doesn't have sprecovery then putting update.zip files on it won't do a thing. If you plug your old phone into your pc and mount the sd card can you open the removable disk F drive in windows explorer? ( right click start go to explorer)

I will have to try this tonight at home to let you know for sure.

I have plugged my phone into the computer and It doesn't recognize the phone. I can't mount the phones SD Card because I can't get pass the boot loop M. Is there another way my master.....

OP
cbroussard99

cbroussard99

Reaction score
The date code is in the name, so it lists as 1970-etc. You have to Advanced Nandroid Restore to get it to load, at least from SPRecovery. No problem flashing it, though. :)

I tried to re-install my 1970 etc and it did nothing. I still get boot loop to M. its actually 1970-01-01.00.04.30/ Still nothing......I am going to give RSD another shot tonight. You explained it so well that I can't figure what I am doing wrong, so I will try it again on the new phone....I can't live without ROOT.............:)

OP
cbroussard99

cbroussard99

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for the help. A friend of mine was able to get my old droid back up and running. Thanks Trofn8er....What we did was used my wife's droid and downloaded another ROM onto my SD Card and we were able to get passed the boot loop and I had a functioning ROM. Like always I backed it up and have it saved. The down side now is I can't install the ROM I want. I downloaded it and tried installing it through both Clockwork Recovery and through ROM manager with no luck.

So the lesson learned is I am going to leave my phone alone and just deal with what I got.

THANK YOU ALL......

Trofn8er

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for the help. A friend of mine was able to get my old droid back up and running. Thanks Trofn8er....What we did was used my wife's droid and downloaded another ROM onto my SD Card and we were able to get passed the boot loop and I had a functioning ROM. Like always I backed it up and have it saved. The down side now is I can't install the ROM I want. I downloaded it and tried installing it through both Clockwork Recovery and through ROM manager with no luck.

So the lesson learned is I am going to leave my phone alone and just deal with what I got.

THANK YOU ALL......

We'll get it whistling yet...go into Rom Manager scroll to the bottom where it says all Cockwork recoveries. Select an older one like 2.5.1.0 click ok. It will flash an older version, after it is done go back and try flashing the current version again. Sometimes CM Recovery gets hung up and needs a time out :biggrin:

It that doesn't work then go to where it says flash alternate recovery and select sprecovery. Just remember if you use SPRecovery then you need to change your roms,kernel, themes whatever to update.zip

Good luck...let me know.

There should be no reason why we can't get this thing back to normal.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
It that doesn't work then go to where it says flash alternate recovery and select sprecovery. Just remember if you use SPRecovery then you need to change your roms,kernel, themes whatever to update.zip

I haven't seen a phone yet that hasn't run with SPRecovery even if Clockwork wouldn't stick/stay/work reliably. I've seen a few that CW just would NOT work.

If you want to keep trying we will get you fixed up, but if you want to just run with what you have then we understand too. :)

OP
cbroussard99

cbroussard99

Reaction score

I haven't seen a phone yet that hasn't run with SPRecovery even if Clockwork wouldn't stick/stay/work reliably. I've seen a few that CW just would NOT work.

If you want to keep trying we will get you fixed up, but if you want to just run with what you have then we understand too. :)

Selcting and older clockwork reecovery seemed to have fixed the issue. I have the ROM and theme I want and so far so good...

I really do appreciate all the help...and I look forward to learning more from you all....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
As long as it's working for you, that's the important part.

I still don't see the appeal of ROM Manager, especially when it causes so many problems, but -- as long as it's working, that that's the important part. :) I hope you don't run into any further problems!

OP
cbroussard99

cbroussard99

Reaction score
As long as it's working for you, that's the important part.

I still don't see the appeal of ROM Manager, especially when it causes so many problems, but -- as long as it's working, that that's the important part. :) I hope you don't run into any further problems!

I am trying to find info on SPrecovery...to learn its functions. I only use CW because that's what I clicked on from Easy Root...