Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I wrote a post shortly after 2.0.1 that we go through phases. First right after a new release there is a phase where everybody praises the release. The next phase is followed by high criticism of the release. This is followed by acceptance. Then we enter the fourth phase and that's when everyone starts talking about the next update release.

We are now in that phase. Either root the Droid and install yourself or be patient and wait for the OTA. I mean it hasn't even been a month since the last release came out. I can wait on it, that's still much faster then any official release was for the Storm.

+1...............

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It just works

From having to Hybrid my Storm to make it work right. I just use the factory2.0.1. I like the fact that it works as it is supposed to :icon_ banana:

UggTheThug

Reaction score
You are talking about an OS update that is not even official yet. For all you know when the Nexus 1 ships with 2.1 there will be a patch update or a patch update on the Droid. Just because something is ripped and leaked early does not mean Verizon, Google, and Motorola are obligated to release it. When the OS becomes "official" then it will be released.

Thats true... Before i bought a droid i had the omnia for verizon. A firmware update was leaked in mid-May that unlocked the GPS for 3rd party apps, but the official update wasn't released until late june/early july

so it all really depends on the big companies getting together and releasing it

BTW i wont be rooting b/c i got addicted to flashing on the i910 and the droid really does not need it

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I wrote a post shortly after 2.0.1 that we go through phases. First right after a new release there is a phase where everybody praises the release. The next phase is followed by high criticism of the release. This is followed by acceptance. Then we enter the fourth phase and that's when everyone starts talking about the next update release.

We are now in that phase. Either root the Droid and install yourself or be patient and wait for the OTA. I mean it hasn't even been a month since the last release came out. I can wait on it, that's still much faster then any official release was for the Storm.

+1...............

+2................... and while we wait at least we get some of the cool apps from 2.1 to play with (News and Weather, DeskClock, Gallery)

actrack03

Reaction score
I got impatient and rooted my Droid to install 2.1. While a little buggy, I still prefer the 2.1 to 2.0.1. The animated wallpapers alone make my Iphone friends jealous. The only thing I worry about is if something goes wrong with the phone, there isn't a lot of support out there to unroot the Droid so you can bring it in to Verizon. People are more apt to say why bother unroot the Droid than to help you get it back to its virgin out of the box ROM. Anyways no issues for me yet (knock on wood).

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
A new rev of 2.1 was released last night and from what I'e read over at alldroid, it appears to be very stable with only one or two bugs (including the keyboard backlight still). I have "bricked" my phone once already and it was extremely easy to restore with my nandroid backup. I don't even think we should call it bricked unless it is truly dead and useless.