2.1 Why no Live Wallpaper and 3D Gallery?

Atlredwolf

Reaction score
I know these are not the most important things, but after I got the 2.1 update, I was expecting Live Wallpapers and the new 3D picture gallery. Does anyone have this or do you know why it was left out? Thanks

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My guess is that with HTC Sense it was too resource intensive. It probably was too slow with our processor and memory.

I can do without the eye candy.

brochaos

Reaction score
speech to text was the big one, yes. it was even on their little pdf release. live wallpapers are laggy even on an overclocked droid...aren't missing much there. not sure which gallery you guys have now, is it sense? or stock? you can always add 3d gallery yourself though.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
speech to text was the big one, yes. it was even on their little pdf release. live wallpapers are laggy even on an overclocked droid...aren't missing much there. not sure which gallery you guys have now, is it sense? or stock? you can always add 3d gallery yourself though.
Live wallpaper runs great on my OC Droid (BB). My wife's Eris didn't get voice to text however. I'm more disappointed than her though. :)

OP
Atlredwolf

Atlredwolf

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the reply...yea the eye candy is not really that important, but it would have been cool

OptimusDroid

Reaction score
HTC Sense strips 3d gallery from all their phones. It runs great on the Eris(I put it on my wife's)..just find the download. HTC figured live wallpapers wasn't worth it, probably right. Those aren't the only apps you are missing, HTC stripped the genie app...you can get it by itself too.

les017

Reaction score
HTC Sense strips 3d gallery from all their phones. It runs great on the Eris(I put it on my wife's)..just find the download. HTC figured live wallpapers wasn't worth it, probably right. Those aren't the only apps you are missing, HTC stripped the genie app...you can get it by itself too.

Yep - turned off Sense, just like before update, and everything is soooo much smoother for the wife. But I digress. Go get those apps and install, they work great. And for speech to text try Vlingo from the Market...better than built in anyway.

addisontodd

Reaction score
Yep - turned off Sense, just like before update, and everything is soooo much smoother for the wife. But I digress. Go get those apps and install, they work great. And for speech to text try Vlingo from the Market...better than built in anyway.

How do you turn off Sense? And what exactly does this achieve for the speediness of the device?

MasterArCtiK

Reaction score
You just download Home Switcher from the Market and switch your default home app from Sense to Home. It is noticeably faster but its not enough to make the Eris any better IMO :(

addisontodd

Reaction score
I don't see Home Switcher in the Market. Perhaps it has changed names since you downloaded it...?

MasterArCtiK

Reaction score
Thats weird? I checked just now and its still called Home Switcher. Search the guy that made it and it should come up. His name is "ymst" without the quotes, of course ^^.

Also kinda off topic, but i found this epic wallpapers app that is holding me over until i can root my leaked version of 2.1 :D

Its called Flikie Wallpapers HD if anyone is interested! (BTW I'm not advertising for them, I just found it on the dolphin browser :D)