2.1 web browser pinch to zoom & text reformatting

toddj

Reaction score
I'm still seeing this problem exactly as described by many here. double-tap zoom autofits the text to the page, and then pinch-zoom out auto formats the text, but pinch-zooming in does not zoom in. I agree with the 2.1 rom idea, it works perfectly fine on my 2.0.1 backup that i keep, but in 2.1 bugless beast v.9 and 1.0 the pinch-zoom autofit doesn't work.
Not blaming bugless beast like i originally thought it was now.
However, i tried pinch zooming on my dad's htc incredible today and it worked just the way it should.

cj1896

Reaction score
I forgot about this thread. Anyway I was in the verizon store last week and was playing with the stock ese81 droid and this is just the nature of the weak sauce update we got from verizon/motorola. The incredible did the pinch to zoom flawlessly but the droid would not snap the text. I wonder how it works for milestone users.

MarkB

Reaction score
Yup, I'm on stock. Nothing fancy, not even a different home screen or theme, let alone rooted. Nada, just stock. Thanks for the info cj, I guess this is droid specific. I wonder if it's hitting everybody and some people just haven't noticed the difference.

toddj

Reaction score
I asked my a friend of mine that owns the droid and he said that his pinch-to-zoom is working with auto formatting the text. But I'm not 100% sure if he knew exactly what i was talking about.

MarkB

Reaction score
I asked my a friend of mine that owns the droid and he said that his pinch-to-zoom is working with auto formatting the text. But I'm not 100% sure if he knew exactly what i was talking about.

Grab his phone out of his hands and try it yourself! Of course if it works on his, "accidentally" give him back the wrong phone. :)