2.1 wants to install_how do I stop it?

arcazx

Reaction score
It will download the update, but it will block the install.

so if i go ahead and click "install update" it will download the update and not install it, and stop notifying me?

edit: I am rooted and running droidmod and supposedly had it blocking OTA updates

Last edited:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, I don't want to upgrade to the official 2.l yet and I supposedly had ota updates blocked but this morning, and it shows up every time I unlock my phone, I get the "System Update" notification asking to install now, later, or more info. Anyone know how to stop it from asking? getting a little annoying

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/34769-2-1-ota-notification.html

There you go!

I had done that process, still get the notification. Like my current rom with overclocked kernel (after looking it seems that no overclock kernels avail for the cur 2.1 firmware yet) deleted the update.zip in root of sd card prior to initial post :(

Any ESE53 OC kernel works on ESE81 too....

arcazx

Reaction score

I had done that process, still get the notification. Like my current rom with overclocked kernel (after looking it seems that no overclock kernels avail for the cur 2.1 firmware yet) deleted the update.zip in root of sd card prior to initial post :(

Any ESE53 OC kernel works on ESE81 too....

Really? Because I tried testing that alone and got stuck in a boot loop and from a totally clean install 2 just to make sure.
1: rsd'd to 2.0.1 stock
2: manual updated 2.1 pre-root
3: installed sprecovery 99.3b
4: flashed oc kernel -> boot loop
all done exactly the same way as I did before and tried 3 times just in case I had messed up. altho i guess this is getting a bit off (this threads) topic now >.>
oh well, ill load my fresh 2.1 root again later and play with it some more, and deal with the alert notice fow now

billyidle

Reaction score
If you try installing the update with DroidMod, it will not install. I am not sure however if that will stop the update notification.

jimnutt

Reaction score
If you ever plan to root your phone I recommend you go ahead and root 2.01 now. Then install the rooted ESE81 that's available in the hacks section of this board. That will allow you to keep root and install other ROMS if you want. If you go ahead and do the OTA upgrade you'll lose the ability to root (at least until someone finds a hole in the OTA version).