2.1 waiting area

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
(If)When the update comes, I am willing to bet that it's going to be a longer wait than anyone anticipates... But, that's just me being pessimistic...

I'll go back to analyzing the weather models....we'll probably get a snowstorm around here before 2.1 shows up

bllarkin

Reaction score
Just ate dinner, now it's time to play some Xbox 360 to waste the time...maybe it will be here when I get up for work in the morning...

MicroChip

Reaction score
I'm in Fort Lauderdale and the last update I turned off Wi-Fi and paced the streets at 5am until it came. Hopefully it will arrive fine by Wi-Fi..

I didn't get the update people were talking about a few days ago. Does it have anything to do with wifi? My phone is on wifi at home and at work, it's only not on wifi for the 8 mile drive each way, and at lunch...

Should I turn off wifi?

MC

cuzzinz

Reaction score
I think just to speed things up that someone who has some spare time... should make a write up to post on the forum on how to extract the update.zip so that we dont have to wait for someone who android literate to extract the zip... I am at work or else I would do it...

Any takers?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is appropriate right now...enjoy

[video=youtube;ilzuHdlKHPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilzuHdlKHPw[/video]

FireDroid

Reaction score
I say that everyone get out their google sky maps and check to see if the stars are aligning!!!

chilibilly22

Reaction score
Heres a story while u wait. Love my droid. Bought full Zagg armor for it and keep it in the leather verizon case. Its never out of my sight... anyway went out to my father in laws to take my kids sleding. Way out in a huge field used for growing corn and stuff. You guessed it I got back inside and realized My god my third child is missing! It had been a while.. since we had been out. Thought for sure It was a goner. I went back out to this huge snowy corn field and started retracing my steps. Nothing. Then I hear it ringing! I start digging around and find it in the middle of nowhere buried a foot deep. A MIRACLE AND IT STILL WORKS. Could not believe it but anyways thats my long boring story with an anticlimatic ending. Anyone get their update yet?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think just to speed things up that someone who has some spare time... should make a write up to post on the forum on how to extract the update.zip so that we dont have to wait for someone who android literate to extract the zip... I am at work or else I would do it...

Any takers?

It shouldn't make a difference. During the last update if you were out of the country it was recommended that you go to a WiFi area.

You can't get what they are not releasing.:)

bboysidetracked

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I called Verizon today and they said it will be releasing 2.1 tomorrow as many people here believe.

They have also said it will be pushed to the phone directly with a notification.

I hope this is the same news that we all are happy for :)

DROIDDDDDDDDDD!!:greendroid:

agdaniels

Reaction score
Are we there yet?

And whos factory reseting from sholes for this update when it comes?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Possible responses for Miami Tomorrow

Tomorrow when 2.1 or any update doesn't show up here are a few possible responses for Miami....

1. I knew it wasn't coming but I couldn't risk sharing that info.
2. My sources didn't get back to me, but I am expecting a response soon.
3. I have information and I will share it soon.
4. Suckers......

Just kidding.

jrl9851

Reaction score
So did the OP get some kind of information? The original post sure made it sound like it.

k3ith29

Reaction score
I dont know why I am so excited to get 2.1 but l am. I am getting so impatient too.

Status
Not open for further replies.