Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i honestly could have never expected this thread to be sooooo off topic, i know its intended to be off topic but geez there are 15 pages and like 6 posts regarding the update lol

Well really its a waiting area. So no topic but what you are doing to wait. Pizza drinks..just about everything family oriented is fair game

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
i honestly could have never expected this thread to be sooooo off topic, i know its intended to be off topic but geez there are 15 pages and like 6 posts regarding the update lol

Thats because theres no news regarding the update.. which many believe is going to be rolled out starting sometime in the next 9 hours or so.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
This is exactly how the update will go

[video=youtube;NO8827ECZE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO8827ECZE0&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want the 5 native screens, the wallpaper, and some official applications like the news/weather widget that work correctly.
I've tried all those .apk files on my unrooted Droid. The one that has worked flawlessly for me and stayed on while the others were removed was the news/weather widget. What sort of problems did you have with it SSH?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm seriously wondering how a bunch of people who appreciate the Droid can also like Pappa John's Pizza. And pineapple does not belong on a pizza.
U got to try it........its the best....

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
I have note tried that one. My favorite is Papa John's Ham and Pineapple

Best pizza is papa johns sausage and pineapple

haven't tried papa john's yet... more of a pizza hut super supreme kinda guy...

You don't know what you are missing. Papa John's blows Pizza Hut out of the water...IMHO

im gonna have to look for one then... :D

ok so one papa johns sausage and pineapple, one papa johns ham and pineapple, and one pizza hut super supreme! iv always called pizza hut, slutt hutt.. lol neways

lol

i need to figure out how to disable email notification of new post on this forum,lol

Haha i bet your phone is exploding!

It's in the User CP btw under Edit Options FYI

reminds me of the ATT blackberry commercial... ding..ding.. ding(1000x) lol

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The news/weather widget is frequently off center and at night when it's docked I get Celcius.... other than that it works fine.

I use the APK for the Droid New Dock... The News/Weather.. and I don't recall what else but I am only running 3 screens which is limiting.

Newton122189

Reaction score

Well really its a waiting area. So no topic but what you are doing to wait. Pizza drinks..just about everything family oriented is fair game

just watchin tv and waiting, also admiring my slide screen pro, it looks soooo awesome

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, I'm in on the waiting game. [New to DroidForums], but I have a question.

Given the lack of information that everyone seems to have as these updates are coming out other than expected release dates...

Does anyone know if having manually installed 2.0.1 will effect the ability to update to 2.1 OTA?

I couldn't wait. I can't see how that would cause much of a problem, as I'm sure Google is aware that people did this and has likely including a patch in case something didn't quite go right. I also know that the zip file was claimed to be leaked directly from Google and was supposed to be the exact same thing as the OTA update.

Just wondering if there's anything I should do while I'm waiting to make sure the transition goes smoothly...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The news/weather widget is frequently off center and at night when it's docked I get Celcius.... other than that it works fine.

I use the APK for the Droid New Dock... The News/Weather.. and I don't recall what else but I am only running 3 screens which is limiting.
In portrait mode, the news/weather widget is always centered. In the landscape mode, it doesn't stretch across the whole screen, but I didn't expect it would. As for the Celsius issue, its not an issue to me because when it's in the dock, I'm sleeping, trying to sleep, or just waking up. That's a non issue to me and was noted almost as soon as the .apk came out. What I love about the News/Weather app is the fact you can have it get headlines like for me "Android", "Pittsburgh" (to catch up on what's going on where I just moved from, "Pittsburgh Steelers", "Nascar" "NHL Hockey". And, I like that the stories get updated very frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.