2.1 update

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by Slingky, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Slingky

Slingky New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.1 update is available from verizon. i have UD running on my droid, what happens if i try to update it?

2. Cyrus6001

Cyrus6001 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    if you update to the stock vzw 2.1you will oose your root, and cant root that file. If you want to root after that you will have to use the sbf and go back to 2.01 the re root.
    I would suggest using petes 2.1 stock w/ root file if you want to try out the official 2.1. that way you wont lose your root, and you get to play with the stock 2.1

3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    If you successfully install it you will lose root, your ROM, and other things that require root access (theme, tether, overclock...etc). Also if you do this, you will not be able to get root back without flashing an .sbf to where the phone is rootable, or waiting until (if) someone roots it.

There are ESE81 update.zips out there with root hacked into them if you have to have it. But there really is no need, the OTA 2.1 has nothing special that hasn't already been out for weeks to the rooters.

My advice is to just update the baseband, and proceed on like the update never happened. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/34370-baseband-update-easy-way.html