2.1 update didnt fix issue with extended battery recognition

get quad

Reaction score
I have the Seidio 2600mAh extended but the phone still treats it like a stock battery after the 2.1 update. Still involves pulling the battery and rebooting for the OS to recognize the remaining 50% juice.

This was a pretty big oversight - you'd think that Seidio would have been pushing pretty hard for this to be addressed.

NuDroid

Reaction score
What I don't understand.. how is it that the nexus one got the 2800 and 3200 and they don't have the same issue as us ( aren't they running 2.1) I also expected more from 2.1 I thought it would come close to how the nexus one setup..seeing that the nexus one doesn't have that problem with the battery , it does make me believe that its a software issue ( verizon, motorola , or google) whoever should def look into that.. first phone I've seen with this annoying issue ..

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Curious why Verizon or Motorola don't simply offer a high-end battery specifically for the Droid on their website in addition to the standard one...

BPB

Reaction score
Odd; you'd think that since the ability to add a higher capacity battery is one of the Droid's selling points over the iPhone (at least for me) Motor/Google would capitalize on it. Amazes me what companies will do to avoid making money.
(I really can't complain; Seidio battery + Droid + battery left app makes this phone perfect for me!)

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
For as long as this update took and as much as the mod community accomplished in the meantime, Motorola should be ashamed as it leaves much to be desired.