2.1 smoked glass?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by AceDROID, Mar 12, 2010.

1. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

I dunno if I've missed something, but currently I am running BB 0.7.6 with the smoked glass theme... and I was just wondering, since the new thing is the 2.1/ESE53 based ROM. My question is, if I just happened to miss it, is if there is a smoked glass theme FOR the 2.1 rom? If not, is it in the works? I really liked the 2.1 ROM but didn't like the lack of the look of smoked glass, that I got used to and enjoy, so I reverted back to the BB. Any ideas?
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Pete's got his own modified smoked glass theme you can grab from his thread about the 2.1 version .08. He modified adamz.s.
  3. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

wow, I feel kinda stupid. haha.

Thanks a lot for the tip, going into it now! Hopefully it works out smooth =]
  4. Jonny Kansas

No worries and you're welcome! I'm using it now because I'm having metamorph issues. It's pretty slick.
  5. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

ok now heres another question to make me feel stupid. what do i do with the glass theme update? like... is it a metamorph theme? but since you said you're having metamorph issues... then how do i go and install it?? :huh:
  6. Jonny Kansas

Put it on the root of the sd named just update.zip, then boot into recovery...
    install
    Allow update.zip
    Install update.zip
  7. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

...now I'm having an issue with the restoration process. when the screen goes black (like normal) and I hit the power button to regain the screen, only the softkeys/leyboard lights up, and i have to do a battery pull.

what options under the restore do I have enabled?

i just did it with boot, data, misc, and system enabled and cache and recovery disabled. gonna test that now to see if it works (the time before that misc was disabled)... this is getting slightly annoying -.-
  8. Jonny Kansas

Installing bbv.08, or the theme?
  9. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

that was after installing bbv.08... I don't understand... and it was taking forever (maybe this was the issue because it never ended up) loading the SD card...

edit:: ok so now the SD card is reading fine... so far none of that screen issue... ill let you know if it happens again. thanks for the help =]
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  10. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Adam has a 2.1 ese53 rom that's in beta. I'm using it right now and the only issue so far is that wifi tether is not working. Other than that its been perfect.
  11. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

Thanks took the words out of my mouth.. Was about to post same thing. Adamz is real close to having the final for his 2.1 ROM. In the mean time you can always do what I did.. Run Chevy's ese53 2.1 ROM and just copy out the framework-res.apk file from Adamz and copy over to give you all the blue you could want. Tack on the round battery and you are in blue heaven with smoke glass... If blue is not for you Adamz is having an option just for the smoke glass and not all the blue stuff..And Chevy's latest has smoke glass with only some blue..

[​IMG]
  12. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

well, I have got everything working smoothly now, with only two exceptions.

Metamorph doesn't want to work... I use pulldown editor, and as it edits whatever it is it is editing (framework, I believe) the phone resets itself and it still says Verizon Wireless.

And, Smoked Glass Pandora isn't working either, and I followed the directions to a T. I wonder if these are just incompatible with this new build? thoughts?
  13. jasonb

jasonb New Member

you can't modify framework-res with metamorph on a 2.1 rom. it just reboots and does nothing when you try it.
  14. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

ahh, that would be my mistake. damn, ohwell.

Any thoughts on the pandora issue?
  15. jasonb

jasonb New Member

pandora should work just fine. did you do the chmod 644 thingy in terminal emulator? i downloaded the already smoked .apk from a thread on here and used root explorer and terminal emulator to get it going.

i don't use pandora very often so i actually don't have a pandora widget on a home screen right now. i did smoke facebook though, so pandora should work.
  16. Jonny Kansas

Um...I've been using metamorph since I started using Pete's 2.1 rom, back when it was ere25 based, and this is the first time I've had an issue with framework-res. One theme I'm having an issue with came with xml files to put in the framework-res folder for use with 2.1, and it worked like a charm on v.07.
  17. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i couldn't modify framework on chevy's ese53 and i can't on adamz ese53 and i thought i read somewhere that you cant metamorph framework on an ese53 rom.

there was a member here who has an update.zip that smokes a whole bunch of things including framework, and i thought it said in his thread that on ese53 roms you couldn't modify framework with metamorph.
  18. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

Pandora works, but its the smoked glass one that I downloaded and tried the whole TE thing and it just failed...

and really? a whole smoked package? Interesting... I'll try searching, but if a link could be provided that would be wonderful.

I am getting really into this whole thing, and might get a little daring and try making my own theme, though if it cannot be implemented through MM due to framework-res not being able to be edited in the 2.1 ese53, than I dunno what to do haha.

I like smoked glass theme, and would love blue accents, but have no clue on how to even start because of the new 2.1 I just put on... and the Pandora smoked glass has blue accents and I think it would accent the rest of the theme great.
  19. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

OH, and the LED isnt going off when I get a text... that's going to annoy the hell out of me. haha
  20. jasonb

jasonb New Member

failed how? what did it do?