1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2.1 rooting problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Flea506, May 15, 2010.

1. Flea506

Flea506 New Member

ok so im haveing a lil trouble rooting my phone. im able to flash the spf file to the phone easy, but when i try to install the update.zip it keeps telling me that no file can be found am i missing something here
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    If you are using XP or Win7 on ur computer do not put. zip on the file name. XP and win7 automatically puts the extension on. You don't see it but what the Droid see is update.zip.zip. So name the file "update" only then put it on your SD car and try to install. That should solve the problem.
  3. MyDroid23

MyDroid23 New Member

That goes for vista too.
  4. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak New Member

I use Linux to do it with and make changes to the file/s, put them in a Winders partition then boot to Winders, all works fine then.
    Can actually use Linux to place the file on he SD card and then use Winders for the rest, have not tried Wine in Linux for the Winders programs needed but bet the USB would be a problem there.
    Make sure to hit "allow installation from SD Card" or will get a failure to complete message ,when you go to install the update.zip file.