2.1 rooted to BB 2.2

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by TrbleClef, Jul 3, 2010.

1. TrbleClef

TrbleClef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't run BB since about 2.1 v0.9. Went back to stock rooted 2.1 because of inconsistent temperatures and overheating on a few OC kernels (didn't have the patience to try 500 kernels and Pete doesn't seem to provide a non-OC kernel *sigh*) Still have SPRecovery.

Is there anything I have to do before flashing BB 2.2 v0.4? Is it just an update.zip?

2. pnhst

pnhst New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if your on 2.1 make sure you back up your apps and wipe data and cache like it says on the instructions on the bugless beats .4 thread. Im pretty sure as long as you rename the zip to update.zip itll work with sprecovery but i use Clockwork...

Whats wsrong with the supplied 800 mhz kernel? And further more whats wrong with OCing? do you plan on keeping your phone for longer than 2 years because otherwise you will most likely never have ocing effect your hardware other than making it faster.. BTW SetCPU allows you to govern the included "OC Kernel" to around 550MHZ so its just like stock..

You'll love Froyo even with a stock kernel..

3. TrbleClef

TrbleClef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing "wrong" with OCing per se. Except, like I said, ever since a certain version of BB, my droid will run hotter than when I don't have BB.

For instance, I just installed new BB 0.4 and according to tempmon battery is idling around 105F. In my room where I am, it will usually idle around 80F. Did I mention that's clocked down to 550? I cannot figure it out for the life of me, and I never got any decent answers besides "hurr durr all phones are different" so I went back to stock forever ago. I would like the features of BB but not at these temps.

EDIT: I tried the stock boot.img Pete posted, but it's still idling about the same. Just don't get it. Isn't this essentially the same as whatever OTA is coming down the line?

4. pnhst

pnhst New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mines at 91 degrees on .4 running at 1000 mhz on chevys low voltage... so your phone is at 550 mhz and the batts at 105.. ha you got me stumped.. have you tried any other 2.2 builds?

5. TrbleClef

TrbleClef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I'm really not familiar with much besides Pete's (my little bro has been running BB since before I was) and this is why I've been running stock for the last 2 months. It's bloody frustrating. It's cooled off a little now but it seems to fluctuate a lot more than it did on 2.1.

6. Shivv

Shivv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you're running Clockwork Recovery, try going under the Partitions menu and doing a 3x wipe of everything except your SD card then try reinstalling.

When I moved to 1.0 a few months ago I was running very hot until I did this. It does mean reinstalling everything and redoing all of your settings, but it may fix your problem. That's the process I follow for every new version. It adds extra time to the install process, but I've found that my phone is much more stable.

7. TrbleClef

TrbleClef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did that already. :/