2.1 Root, sorry to ask

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by QMaverick, May 25, 2010.

1. QMaverick

QMaverick New Member

I KNOW there are a lot of posts about this already, however, I'm an android noob and have had my phone less than a month. It came stock running 2.1-update1, and I'd like to root it.

I have found websites that say to download 2.0.1, install that, then download a rooted 2.1 rom . . .

All I want (for now) is stock 2.2 with root--I want to be able to use some things that are unavailable without it (i.e. the wifi tether hotspot program)

Aaanyway, I'm sorry to post this, as I'm sure there is already a guide somewhere, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. dancedroid
  2. PriestSyrinx

PriestSyrinx New Member

I am assuming you mean Stock 2.1 with root, as 2.2 hasn't been released yet. If so, the below thread should help.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html
  3. QMaverick

QMaverick New Member

Oops, yeah, 2.1...been reading so much about 2.2 recently I guess I have it on the brain...bring on the Froyo! Thanks for the quick reply!
  4. QMaverick

QMaverick New Member

I'm trying to install the SPRecovery tool, and I can't seem to get it to work...the button stays greyed out, and it appears that RSDlite is having issues recognizing my phone.

Under Devices, it says "SE Flash OMAP3430 MI", but it can't grab my ESN, Software Version, etc.

Any ideas?
  5. PriestSyrinx

PriestSyrinx New Member

I'm not sure. If I were you, I'd post this question in that thread. The people there are usually pretty quick to offer input.
  6. QMaverick

QMaverick New Member

Search tags for this page

omap3430 driver download