2.1 Root, for Wifi tether ?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bobmundo123, Apr 3, 2010.

1. bobmundo123

bobmundo123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there guys. I'm Currently Running DroidMod through DM updater and am overclocking @ 1200Mhz, Im pretty content with my setup right now, however, I like most people have been dying for the official release. Id be willing to update but i need to have my wifi tether. I heard a while back (saw somewhere on this forum last week) that the Milestones that had the OTA update like last week were able to get rooted. I mean unless thats not true shouldn't we be able to do that as well considering the fact that both phones are technically physically identical.

if anyone has any idea about that please share.. And i also know that Flash will be only available to 2.1 Users. I haven't keeping up to date really on their status with that over there at adobe. Any news?
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As of right now there is a rooted 2.1 update out there and i know somebody from this forum made a kernel for it so you could just use that and then you'll still have your root access, wifi tether, over clock, etc.

But honestly in my opinion there's really no point in going to the official 2.1 update. i say this because there are plenty of 2.1 roms out there that not only give you everything that the official 2.1 update gives you but also give you much more. i suggest before trying out the official 2.1 update try out one of the 2.1 roms such as Ultimate Droid, Bugless Beast, Cyanogen Mod, etc and then make your decision.
  3. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah I made an ESE81 kernel that will OC and tether. Only works on rooted ESE81 of course.
  4. bobmundo123

bobmundo123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i kinda want this exact setup

I tried gettin ultimate droid. but that boot did not come with it.. nd i know the rest is GDE but, idk. seems diff then when i put it on..

nd i Put Ver 9 ON
  5. Champers

Champers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have OC'd, wireless tether capable, rooted 2.1, so it is definitely possible. Just make sure that you don't OTA or force the original upgrade, follow these directions for easy 2.1 root access. Then throw on adrynalyne's kernel and wireless tether for root users pre8.
  6. hughesjr

hughesjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does your kernel have tun support, either built into the kernel or as a module?
  7. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    No, but I am willing to add it.
  8. bobmundo123

bobmundo123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i was kinda hoping to get something similar to this.. boot screen and GDE format and all...

minus screen transitions
  9. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3
    just installed chevy's 5 slot low voltage over clock and am looking for a wifi tether for this rooted 2.1

can anyone point me in the right direction to either something to add to this overclock or replace it with one that has both?

i'm not really looking for load up a whole rom.
  10. pandies

pandies Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. bstephens2u

bstephens2u New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im running chevy 2.2...to get wireless tether working i went into the settings and disabled access control and hide temp. that made it work for me...if that doesnt work download the newest wirelesstether.apk
Search tags for this page

wifi tethering android 2.1 no root

wifi tethering android 2.1 without root