2.1 ported to droid

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That boot time seemed to take forever. No thanks!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what i have been told. 2.1 will release to the Droid in Jan.

Mojo

Reaction score
Atomic... this is nothing like the storm days, we waited for leaked OS's because our devices ran like crap! My droid runs great.... sure it will be nice to get the update early when someone finishes it and post it up for all to download. But I am not in a rush for it. I am happier than two bull frogs in love :)

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Atomic... this is nothing like the storm days, we waited for leaked OS's because our devices ran like crap! My droid runs great.... sure it will be nice to get the update early when someone finishes it and post it up for all to download. But I am not in a rush for it. I am happier than two bull frogs in love :)

Point well made dude...

The only thing that scared me about this post is the boot time. I love having a phone that boots quicker than I can wash, compound and wax my car.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I was under this impression for the Jan 22nd update too.

Droid is Android without Sense UI added on... so it would be highly unlikely to see HTC devices running any newer version of Android before a 'plain' Android handset.

If I recall correctly the 'Dragon'/'Passion' was initially rumored to be out around same time as the Droid w/ 2.0....

to me it just makes sense that 2.0 didn't jive right with Sense UI, so HTC/Google went to work on 2.1.... thus pushing the release date back (still no date set, just a general time frame) for the HTC Android 2.x device.... meanwhile Droid launched with 2.0. this leads me to believe there's no reason why we won't see Android updates (i.e. 2.1) at the same time, if not before HTC devices.

ice456789

Reaction score

I don't question YOUR reliability, but how reliable is your source? Some blogger who knows a guy who knows a guy, or inside info?

Mojo

Reaction score

Point well made dude...

The only thing that scared me about this post is the boot time. I love having a phone that boots quicker than I can wash, compound and wax my car.

Oh I totally agree! I love how fast the Droid boot time is. That was one of the things I hated about BlackBerrys was how long it took to reboot. It was horrendous