2.1 on the DROID - an early view

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibm650

Reaction score
Email and 2.1

Anyone know if they are going to fix email, or should we still use K9. I find the email app quits several times a day.

Isaiah

Reaction score
I don't have any problems with it. But if they were able to speed up the whole system, it seems quite possible that the gmail problem would go away. And if you prefer K9 to gmail, try the default "email" app, not gmail. It has some features that i liked more than gmails, and i thought k9 sucked with touch controls.

Echo3

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm the first person to realize this or not (probably not)... buuut I don't think that german post has anything to do with what we'll see in our 2.1 update. They're talking about the Motorola Milestone. And the OS for that and our Droid's aren't on the same page. Remember they got multi touch when we didn't?

Someone over at HowardForums mentioned that the new build thats out does have live wallpaper.

ibm650

Reaction score
I don't have any problems with it. But if they were able to speed up the whole system, it seems quite possible that the gmail problem would go away. And if you prefer K9 to gmail, try the default "email" app, not gmail. It has some features that i liked more than gmails, and i thought k9 sucked with touch controls.
I was talking about the email not gmail app. k9 has also fixed a bug with tls, lots of universities use tls.

alostpacket

Reaction score
9 home screens? yow. I have 7 now but I think i can find a way to fill up 2 more :)

choklitcow

Reaction score
I find this entire thread the exact same as every thread like it since January...
BUT THIS ONE HAS PRETTY VIDEO AND CONTINUES TO DRIVE MY HOPES FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER FEW DAYS UNTIL SOMEONE COMES ALONG AND SHATTERS MY (OUR) DREAMS.

...caps were a necessity.

Reaction score
I've been running the 2.1 ERE25 for about a week, it's been stable and working great, so far. I'm waiting for someone to drop that ESE53 file, seems they are all sitting on that one. Maybe we can get a "official" update one of these days!!

R1Lover

Reaction score
Believe it when I see it . :motdroidhoriz: This is a cruel thread , trying to keep the dream alive and teasing people with the prospect of a Vapor Update , just mean .
"It'll be here soon" ( soon; probably never) .

Not being cruel at all.:) We're reporting news on 2.1 and this is the first verified copy we've seen on the Droid. I actually wrote the article (Tigger took the credit;)) and I didn't put it it that it would be out soon. Just that there was a verifiable copy of 2.1 on the Droid. Speculation is the nature of the beast.

Not to be mean but you must not read the forums here... there are a few roms using this build here already. This 2.1 leak is several days old.

MotoDroid

Reaction score
I cannot believe that I just read every post in this thread to this point.........all I can say is Here we go agian!:icon_ banana:

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Anybody know when 2.1 comes out................J/K. How many times have we seen that asked since january? Before January I never thought I would gain a hatred for the word SOON. Oh well at least we will get a solid 2.1 with no bugs, we hope.

droidkm

Reaction score
well here's a question to pass the time.

say the new 2.1 drops, it has JIT/whatever/is otherwise super-fast, and has stable launcher/livewallpapers/5 screens/makes your coffee, BUT for whatever reason people realize it will be hard or impossible to root. would you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.