2.1 on the DROID - an early view

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasMuse

Reaction score
still no news on when this is gonna be released OTA? and will i lose everything when it is?

MarkDF

Reaction score
a google insider in a german android forum confirmed that 2.1 WILL include the launcher, WILL include live wallparers, WILL have 3/5/9 homescreens
via

Woohoo, did you catch the line in this about error correction on the HW keyboard. That's one thing I've been hoping for!

Isaiah

Reaction score
Is this guy reliable? Also, google chrome translated the page for me, and it said "PROBABLY" have live wallpapers, but maybe that was just something that got fumbled in translation? the translation def wasn't perfect in other places.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
still no news on when this is gonna be released OTA? and will i lose everything when it is?

No release date yet, and this leak is a beta build. It could have some issues...you will lose root if you falsh it. As far as live wallpapers...I am almost 100% sure they will not be included withthe initial release. Also the 3d app drawer will not be in the relase either

Project37

Reaction score
I'm surprised that there hasn't been one of those Hitler Youtube mashups where he's update about not getting 2.1 for his Droid... ;)

Isaiah

Reaction score

No release date yet, and this leak is a beta build. It could have some issues...you will lose root if you falsh it. As far as live wallpapers...I am almost 100% sure they will not be included withthe initial release. Also the 3d app drawer will not be in the relase either

For what its worth theres also a "Motorola insider" on howard forums, that says live wallpapers will be included...

MarkO

Reaction score
Who knows when it will come. But this is certainly a step in the right direction. But until then, I'm pretty happy with my rooted phone running 2.0.1 and prettymuch all those applications AND 5 screens.

Droid Cylon

Reaction score
It will be nice to have more than 3 screens. I came from the iPhone to the Droid in the last week. I like the widgets but with only 3 screens they don't leave much room for apps. I know I can still get to the apps from the launcher but I love having them all on my screens. I'm just used to that I guess. Live wallpaper to me is just eye candy that will be cool at first but ignored after the initial "wow". That being said I can't wait for 2.1.:rockon::rockon:

Trooper

Reaction score
I may have to polish up my dancing shoes......:icon_ banana:

nerdbox08

Reaction score
That's awesome, I will definitely be updating, I'm fine with using my PDAnet instead of wifi tethering.

Im not familiar with that? please explain this PDAnet

PDANet sets up your computer to pull the data connection from your phone via USB or Bluetooth and use it for internet connectivity.

It requires software installed on your computer to allow the connection which is offered by PDANet.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
It will be nice to have more than 3 screens. I came from the iPhone to the Droid in the last week. I like the widgets but with only 3 screens they don't leave much room for apps. I know I can still get to the apps from the launcher but I love having them all on my screens. I'm just used to that I guess. Live wallpaper to me is just eye candy that will be cool at first but ignored after the initial "wow". That being said I can't wait for 2.1.:rockon::rockon:

You could always use one of the "home replacement" apps in the market to get more screens, if you're not interested in rooting. I use GDE with 5 screens. It's great. Once the update comes, I might switch back, even though I like the "Hero" theme where the phone icon is always there.

Isaiah

Reaction score
So, I just read all the posts in that german thread. The original poster said something to the effect that live wallpapers react with sound? Like notifications, music and stuff.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
For what its worth theres also a "Motorola insider" on howard forums, that says live wallpapers will be included...
This is correct there is a current build with them on. Will VZW allow them to remain is the question.

Regardless your information is correct. There is a CURRENT build in testing with live walls and 5 screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.