1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2.1 on Droid Questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mglasson, Jan 27, 2010.

1. mglasson

mglasson New Member

I am having trouble rooting my droid, let alone getting it to 2.1. This is the forum I used which is very helpful but none of the links work.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/10247-how-install-2-1-easy-way.html

1. I have found other update.zip files on the internet but none seem to work. I followed directions but the "Superuser Permission" app never showed up on my phone.

2. After I rebooted from updating from the update.zip, I notice that the clear button is gone when I pull down my notification window.

3. Also, I read ahead on the forum, how do I access the root folder from my computer?

Can someone point me in the right direction?
  2. BLOWNCO

BLOWNCO New Member

i just used that same one this morning with no problems
  3. mglasson

mglasson New Member

Figured it out
  4. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member Premium Member

rootyourdroid.info

best site for newbs and rooting and other hacks.