Reaction score
Possible fix.

1.Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications
2.Press menu button
3.Filter -> All
4. Multimedia station -> Clear data

you saved my day, sir!!!!

many many thanks!

i learned something this early in the day, even before my first coffee.

cheers,
gunnar

bluewonder

Reaction score
Glad to see it worked for you. :blackdroid:

many thanks, again.

now i have my next question. :)

when i have the milestone in the multimedia station and get a new email,
the green light doesnt blink at all.

is there a way to bring back the blinking?

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
Yes but it means you have to do a factory reset. That means re-inputting your settings and re-loading your apps. I believe you can do it from the settings menu.

eTiMaGo

Reaction score
My UK-sourced Milestone auto-updated a couple of days ago, some nice improvements!

To err on the side of caution, and because of the multitude of apps and tweaks I had been testing, I did a full reset as well, and no problems to report :)

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
No UK update for at least another week !!

For UK Milestone owners and those on Vodafone Germany, we apologise for the delay in the upcoming 2.1 upgrade. Issues occurred in testing on the networks and this has held up the process. We are now in final testing for the UK and assuming no further issues arise, this will be released next week.

n_s_simpson

Reaction score
Currently using 2.0.1 on a UK unbranded phone.
Okay problems:
1) Google multiple accounts doesn't work
2) Texts deleted randomly and I'm worried it'll happen again
If I get the 2.1 update are these fixed?

If not, if I get a HTC Desire running 2.1 will I see the exact same problem? I'm thinking of taking the Milestone back to the shop and exercising my rights under the sales of goods act (i.e doesn't work as advertised and is therefore unfit for purpose).
Thanks, Nick

Last edited:
OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
Okay problems:

If not, if I get a HTC Desire running 2.1 will I see the exact same problem? I'm thinking of taking the Milestone back to the shop and exercising my rights under the sales of goods act (i.e doesn't work as advertised and is therefore unfit for purpose).
Thanks, Nick

Might be a good idea to get everything backed up ready so that when you get the update you can do a a factory reset and then put everything back on.

It should work as good as it can then.

Szadzik

Reaction score
Okay problems:

1. There is a fix for that. I do not have the link at work but can post it when I get back home.
2. Texts are not RANDOMLY deleted. You set them up to be deleted so they get deleted. There is an option for that.

n_s_simpson

Reaction score
Okay problems:

1. There is a fix for that. I do not have the link at work but can post it when I get back home.
2. Texts are not RANDOMLY deleted. You set them up to be deleted so they get deleted. There is an option for that.

Hi
1) Please please please :)
2) Stopped phone deleting them automatically when it reaches a certain number when I realised what it was doing. However, it did manage once to delete every single text message in my inbox without any reason. This has been heavily reported on both Milestone and Droid phones. It's not happened since but it could happen and that's my worry.

Szadzik

Reaction score
Hi
1) Please please please :)
2) Stopped phone deleting them automatically when it reaches a certain number when I realised what it was doing. However, it did manage once to delete every single text message in my inbox without any reason. This has been heavily reported on both Milestone and Droid phones. It's not happened since but it could happen and that's my worry.

I will get you that link if I can find it, but I should be able to.

The issue is described in this article: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=6274

I found it!

You need to be root and know how to play with the device: just delete the folder
/data/data/com.android.providers.settings and restart (before and after) and you can
use the wizard again.

Located here under reply 15: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3477

Last edited: