2.1 ...Missing Some Stuff

DriodDude

Reaction score
Got the 2.1 update on my Moto Droid on Saturday the 3rd. While is has LWP, 3d gallery, etc. it is missing some stuff. I referenced Google's Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone - PCWorld for what it was supposed to contain. I can't seem to find any of the new black system widgets, though I have the google widget, and the app launcher looks just the same.

I installed the Helix launcher today to get more home screens and the double tap feature.

I know that article was published in January, but did they really change their minds that much?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Got the 2.1 update on my Moto Droid on Saturday the 3rd. While is has LWP, 3d gallery, etc. it is missing some stuff. I referenced Google's Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone - PCWorld for what it was supposed to contain. I can't seem to find any of the new black system widgets, though I have the google widget, and the app launcher looks just the same.

I installed the Helix launcher today to get more home screens and the double tap feature.

I know that article was published in January, but did they really change their minds that much?

No one got any more than the three screens of 2.0.1. So I, like you, I loaded HelixLauncher on mine last night and I'm good. If you read the article closely it says:

"The newly black-colored system widgets introduced in Android 2.0.1 are present in the 2.1 release. Google has also added a widget that displays the latest news stories and weather on your home screen, then offers multiple tabs of news and weather information when opened in its full size." The black system buttons are just the Power widget from 2.0.1. The new News and Weather widget is pretty cool though.

No new app drawer, but the 3D effects are in the gallery. Not sure what happened but you get what you get. It's still a great little piece of technology, so don't be too disappointed. :D

OP
D

DriodDude

Reaction score

No one got any more than the three screens of 2.0.1. So I, like you, I loaded HelixLauncher on mine last night and I'm good. If you read the article closely it says:

"The newly black-colored system widgets introduced in Android 2.0.1 are present in the 2.1 release. Google has also added a widget that displays the latest news stories and weather on your home screen, then offers multiple tabs of news and weather information when opened in its full size." The black system buttons are just the Power widget from 2.0.1. The new News and Weather widget is pretty cool though.

No new app drawer, but the 3D effects are in the gallery. Not sure what happened but you get what you get. It's still a great little piece of technology, so don't be too disappointed. :D

Oh I am not disappointed at all. Awesome stuff!!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now that's the attitude! :yahoo:

J

Johnly

Some people have had gallery app problems (it is real) power cycle the phone once or twice, and that should do it. (I know, still no battery pulls?) go fig