2.1 launcher works on Milestone 2.0.1

big_adventure

Reaction score
The title of the post says it all. The launcher is available on Alldroid, hacked and put up by a user there. You just install it, and it works. I have yet to notice any real negatives in functionality - it is as smooth as the 2.0.1 Milestone launcher, and it gives you 5 home screens. It has not crashed.

I don't really know if I like the new app drawer, though. It is pretty, but it is slower than the old one and doesn't show as much per "flick". You have to recreate your old widgets, and you'll lose all of the icons on the home (you just have to put them back).

greg_p

Reaction score
I tried this launcher, but it doesn't really add value to the phone, and up to me, it's more laggy than the 2.0.1 one. So I uninstalled.

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score
I tried this launcher, but it doesn't really add value to the phone, and up to me, it's more laggy than the 2.0.1 one. So I uninstalled.

I did the same thing - I didn't uninstall it, but I did set the phone back to defaulting to the 2.0.1 home. Now, if I could just get 5 screens...

greg_p

Reaction score

I did the same thing - I didn't uninstall it, but I did set the phone back to defaulting to the 2.0.1 home. Now, if I could just get 5 screens...

Home++ can do that. I had it sur la 2.0, and it works not too bad ;).

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score
I tried home++ as well. It's pretty, but it seemed a bit slower (and coming from a BB Bold, I like my speed) and it went int "wait or close" once in a while. I killed it after a day or two.