2.1 is not coming to droid this week!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Was looking forward to it. Yes, good to wait until perfected. But, we were promised this update.

Welcome,

Now go do a search and read. Flash IS NOT part of the 2.1 update, You will NEED 2.1 to run Flash which will be released at a later date.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you make a mistake like that, with moto in the precarious position its in, can 'em.

There is no excuse for playing around with what is supposed to be proprietary info, and on top of that I can see both the Facebook thing and this as another gimmick to keep interest going.

If not, then moto has lost face. Period.

As to 2.1, it likely will go out, but if full or halfbaked (another reason this release notes fiasco smells planned to me), time will tell.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aside from all the nonsense and rumors about 2.1 on the Droid... Moto needs to save face on this one.
Their biggest device, the resurgence of their name and they let something like this slip. Not good PR for Motorola.

M

Matth3w

Moto/Google cannot win this fight. The impatient (mostly kids, us adults know how the tech world works by now) will be pissed that it isn't out right away. The rest of us (hypothetically speaking, I will never go unrooted from now until the day I sell the phone) and the impatient as well will be pissed if it gets released and sucks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even if they release an incredible 2.1 that hasn't even been seen or rumored, people will still be unhappy over something. It's the way of the world unfortunately.
Personally, my Droid is rock solid with 2.0.1, and while 2.0.1 doesn't have some of the bells and whistles of 2.1 (my rooted Droid does however :)) it's nothing to scoff at.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if they release an incredible 2.1 that hasn't even been seen or rumored, people will still be unhappy over something. It's the way of the world unfortunately.
Personally, my Droid is rock solid with 2.0.1, and while 2.0.1 doesn't have some of the bells and whistles of 2.1 (my rooted Droid does however :)) it's nothing to scoff at.

yeah no one will ever be truly satisfied...

M

Matth3w

Yeah this update doesn't offer much at this point anyhow...even if they gave me every last thing that the Nexus has, I still wouldn't unroot. My phone does what it wants. I buy my phones based on what my phone can do the day I buy it...I don't buy a phone saying I like it 50% and the other 50% of liking it will come with X update.

I have been into tech related things since the first smartphone came out, you name it...same with the car modification business...to know that **** happens and things don't go as planned.

So if you don't like your phone the way it is out of the box, I would suggest not buying it (or returning it) because you can never be sure what exactly is going to be upgraded on it, if anything.

NVash

Reaction score
Maybe Im in the minority but I stopped caring. For a short period of time I was all hyped up and couldnt wait for it but it never came. So Im going to just enjoy my Droid as it is and get this update when I get it.

ness180

Reaction score
I'm really not that disappointed that 2.1 hasn't been released. What I am angry about is Motorola posting messages saying it'll be out "this week" and that doesn't come to fruition. Talk about shoddy PR. They have angered many people by saying something like that and then taking the messages down while they have yet to post a "Sorry, we were wrong" message on FB.

They better work on their PR or Motorola's return to relevancy is going back down the toilet.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see this thread is spiraling down a bad path also. Sorry boys but there is enough 2.1 threads open. This one is :closed_2: also

Status
Not open for further replies.