2.1 is not coming to droid this week!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedefectkid

Reaction score
WOWWWWW! Im going to go re-root my Droid right now.

Just read this on boygeniusreport.com...

droid-21-update-moto-forums.jpg

Potentially bad news for DROID owners as word out of Motorola’s support forums suggest that the Motorola DROID will not see the rumored 2.1 update drop this week. According to Matt, forums manager over at Motorola, the information was prematurely released. A little investigating also reveals that the DROID update page on Motorola’s website has been pulled and all links to the update page have been deleted from the forums.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010...date-for-the-droid-not-rolling-out-this-week/

At this time I am currently rerooting my Droid... Hopefully he is talking about the features list and maybe we will have more features that need to be added to the list.

What do you think about this? Do you think we will still be getting the update but have different features than originally posted?

yourhero88

Reaction score
Par for the course I'm afraid. It's one thing to whine and complain about a missing update when the specifics are vague, but when a company comes out and says 'this week,' i don't think its unreasonable to expect them to make good on their word.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I think your being really immature. Stop whining and be patient, I'd much rather them keep working on this until it's right instead of listening to you and releasing something that isn't ready yet.

Chill.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
i think this is uncalled for unless you work for Motorola there's no reason to tell us its not coming, for all you know it could be sent to your phone to night. :icon_evil:

OP
thedefectkid

thedefectkid

Reaction score
I think your being really immature. Stop whining and be patient, I'd much rather them keep working on this until it's right instead of listening to you and releasing something that isn't ready yet.

Chill.

Im not whining I was just looking forward to seeing an update is all...

I too want the update to include more features then were listed but until then I'll be sticking to my rooted Droid.

OP
thedefectkid

thedefectkid

Reaction score
i think this is uncalled for unless you work for Motorola there's no reason to tell us its not coming, for all you know it could be sent to your phone to night. :icon_evil:

Actually I don't but I do think that its not official as Verizon has stated nothing about the Droid receiving any updates...

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
that is information we already knew. and no where does it say "ITS NOT COMING THIS WEEK." it says the release was too early. still to me, means that everything is ready to go.

Chrisb27

Reaction score
Well it can be read a couple of ways. It can be "ZOMGMOTOFAIL no update" or I think of it more as we made some changes to the update, and we are including things that weren't in those release notes. It will all come out in the wash - *****ing and moaning aren't going to make it get here any faster. :motdroidvert:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

Chill.

Im not whining I was just looking forward to seeing an update is all...

I too want the update to include more features then were listed but until then I'll be sticking to my rooted Droid.

Now you sound much more reasonable. Your first post before your edit wasn't exactly so.

;-)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Chill.
You are calling people immature? Cool. Nice name by the way.

jasonb

Reaction score
just stay rooted and be happy. 2.1 is gonna suck anyway when compared to a custom rom.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All this means is that someone posted the details sheet before they ever sent an OTA update out. And then they removed it to not get everyone so excited. The update is happening this week. Enough already...

jim_stem

Reaction score

Chill.
You are calling people immature? Cool. Nice name by the way.

Seriously, a guy with the screen name Hugh Jass is calling someone else immature. You really have no ground to stand on there dude haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.