2.1 Instructions?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by zparrish, Dec 19, 2009.

1. zparrish

zparrish New Member

Anyone have step by step intructions they want to share, Im new but I'm willing to risk it. I did it a hundred times on my old omnia :) :icon_eek:
  2. cjthebest

cjthebest New Member

3. Fadelight

Fadelight New Member

4. sian0120

sian0120 New Member

i agree!!

i agree with you fadelight!! anyone among us wants to share?

thanks in advance...
  5. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

Those instructions are completely simple if you are already rooted, have recovery image loaded, and busybox installed.

If you don't have those, find the instructions for those first and take your time, then follow the instructions on the alldroid 2.1 stable thread.
  6. sian0120

sian0120 New Member

here we go

ANDROID 2.1
    1. Make a NANDROID back up by rebooting your phone into recovery and going to the NANDROID subfolder
    2. Take everything inside and make a backup folder on your comp
    3. Download http://www.mediafire.com/file/yguzz11m2 ... 9-1559.zip by Greek35T
    4. Unzip this file
    5. Use everything inside to replace the NANDROID back up in your sd
    6. Boot phone into recovery, leave it plugged into your comp
    7. Open command prompt on your comp
    8. Type cd C:\android\tools and press enter
    9. Type adb shell and press enter
    10. format DATA: and press enter
    11. format SYSTEM: and press enter
    12. format CACHE: and press enter
    13. Run NANDROID restore on phone
    14. Reboot and enjoy
  7. givmedew

givmedew New Member

I have to admit... I know what the person who started this thread was asking for and what you just posted is not it.

The person is looking for a real step by step what you just did is riddled off the directions from the top of your head because... its easy for you.

The first time I loaded a hybrid onto a blackberry I had no clue what was going on... now I can do it in a heartbeat with no problems.

This person is asking for a detailed step by step button by button... The only way on earth to write a step by step guide is to write the guide while you are performing the steps... and you did not just perform the steps

How do you get the phone into recovery mode?
    Is Nandroid something that is already included with my droid? If not you missed a few steps.
    Besides that file you linked are there any other files that the someone doing this may need?
    How do you format data?
    How do you format the chache?
    How do you format the system?

Awesome instructions bro I think you answered everyones questions...

If I decide to do this I will write a dummy how to guide as it is something that is needed to walk people through doing something as major as this for the first time.
  8. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

The problem with putting the instructions down in command steps is that to get to 2.1 currently, you have to go through a many step process. And these processes are changing somewhat rapidly right now. there have been many threads, most multiple pages describing each step in the process. Perhaps someone here will try and at least consolidate each of these step threads as links in a single thread. And, as this stuff is never gonna get sticked, these steps get pushed down rather quickly. I would offer to do it, but being a newb who is at the point ready to install a solid rom who is not convinced the current 2.1 is the best option for someone who does not really know what they are doing, I'll pass. I have gone through each of these processes, and each in and of itself is not terribly hard to do. I will expand on what Brian posted above.

You need to find the thread(s) for each of these steps:

1) Install sdk tools and adb. This may be optional for those of use who have muddled through all of this, but may be necessary if you find yourself "almost" bricked.

2) Root access with SU permission (2.0.1 with Root and SU)

3) Busybox. Again may be optional, but it does appear that some of the folks who are describing step by steps are using it, and their command steps reflect this.

4) Recovery Rom from Sholes. These are up to 0.14 now, although some of the instructions start at 0.08.

5) Nandroid backup of your phone system using the files from step 4.

Only when you have gotten through these first steps and perhaps some I have not listed, and the minutia of additional substeps contained within, will the simplified 2.1 Update steps make any sense. And none of the steps listed above are stock on the phone. Quite the opposite. You will be completely "unstocking" your phone to get a 2.1 version that will be out in a few months, supposedly.

Sorry this is from a newb and not a more seasoned user, but you will soon see when searching for these links that each and every one of these threads is severly derailed at points, by folks who are looking for easy one-step answers, or who are unwilling to do a little searching to answer questions that have been answered in the appropriate thread. The seasoned users seem to be really at their witts end.

Craig
Search tags for this page

droid 1instructions

droid 2 directions