2.1 hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eciracing

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just did the update to 2.1. I watched several youtube videos about it today, and got pretty excited. However....now that the update is done, I'm a little confused about what was supposed to be so good? The picture gallery is gorgeous for sure. But, I was expecting more than 3 home screens, as well as the 3D style app screen. And what about these live wallpapers? Sorry....I'm a self admitted newb. Just looking for some guidance. :) Thanks guys.

OP
E

eciracing

Reaction score
One more thing. I also saw some stuff about the weather/news app. Can't locate that either.

OP
E

eciracing

Reaction score
Ok. Got the live wallpapers. VERY NICE! Weather/News.....not so much. Just need help with the multiple screens thing. Voice to text works so so too.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Kind of a "forbidden fruit" thing. People heard it was coming and then got all excited when they right it would be here, then wasn't...

Grass is always greener I guess.

If you want more hone screens, I suggest helix launcher.

pilot25

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just did the update to 2.1. I watched several youtube videos about it today, and got pretty excited. However....now that the update is done, I'm a little confused about what was supposed to be so good? The picture gallery is gorgeous for sure. But, I was expecting more than 3 home screens, as well as the 3D style app screen. And what about these live wallpapers? Sorry....I'm a self admitted newb. Just looking for some guidance. :) Thanks guys.

I agree. The live wallpapers is great as is the gallery but that's pretty much it. Maybe there are some underlying fixes they didn't publish but it's pretty much a nice update but definitely not knock your socks off.

What I don't get is while the international droid got more screens and we are stuck with 3. I would gladly give up live wallpapers to get more real estate.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Kind of a "forbidden fruit" thing. People heard it was coming and then got all excited when they right it would be here, then wasn't...

Grass is always greener I guess.

Johhny isn't helix having issues on 2.1? Bring me up to speed. I thought there were a lot of FC issues.

pilot25

Reaction score

How many FCs have you had with Helix and how noticeable is the lag. I installed it, opened the app drawer and it took much longer for the apps to appear. Uninstalled it right away. Open Home and Home++ were so annoying I have kept my distance from home replacements.

ljprevo

Reaction score
I hope they fixed the issue with the sensors due to long sideburns during a call causing you to hangup, punch buttons, turn on apps, etc.

pilot25

Reaction score
Really, I found mine runs down rather quickly... Maybe, because I keep tapping the water endlessly. So cool..

JoeStoppable

Reaction score
I thought the 2.1 update was supposed to bring us flash. What happened with that? Or was that just some false rumor? Cause I really want flash

Reaction score
I thought the 2.1 update was supposed to bring us flash. What happened with that? Or was that just some false rumor? Cause I really want flash

Adobe releases Flash..this update does not..but will be a stepping stone req for Flash

JCo352

Reaction score
Helix Launcher works great with 2.1, I think people are having problems with Helix Launcher2, but that is expected, as it says only for nexus1. Why did so many people think there was going to be flash? Do people not know how to read, and only know how to type, it has been said countless times in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.