2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This may be something you've already considered, but what case do you have? There have been some issues with cases covering up the mic hole and causing the sound to be muffled. It seems really obvious, but it could be that simple. Try removing the case entirely and see if the problem still occurs.

2. moebeans

moebeans New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If my PDANet still allows tethering under 2.1 without rooting I will be happy. Themes don't excite me but overclocking does. Resisting being assimilated.

I'd rather not be one of the first 10,000. Obviously they are using that as a test group. If nobody complains that it killed their Droid they will release it to everyone else. Put me in group 2 please.

3. Big Cam

Big Cam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And less results.

4. Big Cam

Big Cam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This fake story doesn't make you cool. We all know when its being released, your about the 86th person with an early push update story. Please.

5. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I am sure i speak for most people here when it comes to the droid. Not all of us came from "stupid"....yes....stupid. (the razr never made it to the dumb stage) phones. Many of us came from other smartphones mostly or multimedia phones. Anyway, some of us complain because we want what is best and want our devices primed. If you don't care that is up to you. Everyone here has their own opinion. Personally, i was rooted, overclocked, running custom roms, ....ect.... I did it because there are many many advantages to all of it. Some don't seem to think so, and that is their choice. I have since gone back to stock to get a clean update from VZW and will root again once the 2.1 optimized roms are out. So what warranty is voided....at the least we can "unroot" if we like. That is what android is all about.....open source development. (do a google search on "android operating system" and read for an hour or two, its very interesting) See, thats our choice we make with our own personal equipment that we own. Just like your car.....you can modify it any way you want to. Remove the catalytic converter for better performance for an example. Not supposed to do it but it is done everyday......

We are all grateful for what our phones can do, just some more grateful than others because they customize their phone and they have fun doing it. Kinda like a hobby. As i can see its not your hobby, that's ok, its your perogative.

To sum it all up......even though i gave up root for the time being....i am anxiously awaiting the update also. Then will eventually be anxious to root and reap the benefits once again.

6. dennugsmello

dennugsmello New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just downloaded the google maps update and found that the pinch to zoom works much better. I can zoom in on multiple leveles in one pinch without geting the gray loading boxes. Before I could only zoom one or two levels without the grey loading boxes. Do you all think that the pinch to zoom on the 2.1 stock browser will work better than the crappy dolphin pinch to zoom?

7. Erron

Erron Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. It's very smooth.

8. cb30266

cb30266 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From BRG

Not sure if anyone posted this yet

A reliable source has just let us in on how Verizon Wireless will be rolling out the Android 2.1 update to your Motorola DROID, and it looks like quite a few of us will be waiting for quite a while for our update. Our source details the following:
    • At noon EDT on 3/18, 1,000 users will receive notification of the update
    • At 11:59 PM EDT on 3/18, 9,000 more users will receive the update notification
    • After the first 10,000 users receive the update on 3/18, there will be a 24-hour period when no additional upgrades will be delivered
    • On Day 3 (3/20), 200,000 users will receive the update notification at 11:59 PM EDT
    • This schedule will continue each day thereafter until the update has been delivered to all users
    And here are a few conditions needed for the update to be applied:
    • An OTA download requires 40% or more power availability
    • If the device is not connected to an external power source or 20% or more power if it is connected to an external source
    • If roaming, the customer will not receive the update
    For those who are actually going to wait for the OTA version of 2.1, instead of grabbing it off the net and putting it on your media card, you could be waiting a while. Let the updates begin!

9. flako3

flako3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OH yikes i hope im on the lucky 1000s or 9000s lols

10. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    It's been in the OP for 2 days : )

11. theproman23

theproman23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

How would one go about grabbing it off the net? You know of any sources that I can refer to cause I don't feel like waiting longer lol And I am assuming this will probably become available after 12 EST after the OTA updates begin?

12. dpraetorius

dpraetorius New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Feel free to not believe me, I really don't care. Just offering it out there, as I got my phone with 2.0.1 onboard, so I don't know what the OTA update process looks like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
@hookbill
anyone receive an email from donotreply@vzw.net
do not reply@vzw.net
donotreply vzw.net
donotreply.vzw.net
donotreply@vsw.net

donotreply@vzw.net

donotreply@vzw.net login failed
email donotreply@vzw.net