2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave4100

dave4100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There wasn't an issue when they pushed out 2.0.1, but that was a small push compared to over a million phones and counting.

2. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I have to go with a CDMA radio issue... everyone else on GSM systems is getting their updates.

3. TimChgo9

TimChgo9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I said "mission critical" I should have clarified that the infrastructure working properly was the "mission critical" part, not the update itself.

The update isn't necessarily a "nice to have" either. It addresses some bugs that need fixing. Yes we get "Live wallpapers" and "pinch zoom", but there are some issues that need to be worked out.

However: IT WILL NOT CONTAIN FLASH. Just clarifying for those who still insist Flash will be contained in the update.

4. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

Ratings:
    +4
    It could be worse... we could be waiting for WinMo 7...

Very disappointing IMO.

5. moebeans

moebeans New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If 2.1 doesn't come out soon this thread will become a sticky

6. NerveBag

NerveBag New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Although they'll be cool, I don't care so much about the extra home screens or the live wallpaper or whatever. My biggest problem is that I CAN'T PLUG A PAIR OF HEADPHONES INTO MY D**N PHONE WITHOUT F'ING IT UP! Pardon the screaming. That's just patently ridiculous for a $600 piece of technology. If you're not going to release the entire 2.1 update (which, I'm under the impression, addresses that issue), at least fix my stupid headphone jack so I can actually use this "smartphone" like a smartphone. I'm not demanding a class-action lawsuit, but they sold me a phone with a gimpy camera (somewhat fixed now, I suppose) and a completely broken headphone jack, among other problems. I love my Droid, but FIX THE PROBLEMS ALREADY! I hate having to listen to my iPhreak friends laugh when I can't answer a call because my headphone jack has screwed up the earpiece on my phone. Arrrrrgh!

7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Why say anything like this unless you at least have a basic knowledge of both business and the law.

Are you trying to get your post count up or your IQ down?

8. dave4100

dave4100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I unrooted today and went back to stock(just to make sure I could)but while I was running BB V.9, my battery life was greatly extended. I went hiking over the weekend and had the GPS running constantly mapping my route for 5 hours straight, and it only took it down to about 60 percent. Amazing. Thats one reason why I want the update.

9. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Fact: the us is now the 3rd world.

We can't even push out an update to a few million phones, yet it's happening across the pond.

How frakking sad.

10. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I beleive its more of a CDMA radio issue than the fact of it being pushed out. If other countries are getting the update and they are on GSM then it only makes sense the CDMA phone is having trouble adapting.

The original story was that BitFone had a problem but honestly if this is what BitFone does then i don't see them having a problem pushing out updates especially in increments of what 200k a day? If they were required to push it out all at the same time then yes i see a problem happening there but not 200k a day.

11. dogwolf

dogwolf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Grief! Tell people they are going to get something for free, then say, "oh sorry, I'm not ready yet," and they act as if they have been robbed.

The Droid is an excellent phone. My only real gripe is the silly email client that forces one to select each mail twice to dump it. Really stupid. Besides that, the phone is amazing. Yes, I'd love to enter text with voice, and flash, and such. And if it comes...oh yeah!

But all the people throwing tantrums here are...well, it's just bush league. Class action suit?!!! :rofl2:

When Moto delivers an update on the level promised, I'd rather have them do it right, than rush it. Having purchased a Pioneer AVIC car nav/mm device that wasn't ready for prime time was a learning experience. Talk about a gripe-filled message board. I'm betting Pioneer still rues the day they decided to let that puppy out.

Take your time Motorola, and get it right.

Thanks!

12. Kineo

Kineo Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The only time the hedphone jack affects me is when I plug it in or get a call. When I plug hedphones into the jack music plays and usaly with my luck its after I've watched a video on youtube whith the sound at full blast. When I get a call the microphone dosent work so I have to unplug my hedphones and when I'm done and I plug my headphones back in it starts a diffrent song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
@hookbill
anyone receive an email from donotreply@vzw.net
do not reply@vzw.net
donotreply vzw.net
donotreply.vzw.net
donotreply@vsw.net

donotreply@vzw.net

donotreply@vzw.net login failed
email donotreply@vzw.net