1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2.1 ESE53 Theme (Z Droid) not your average theme!

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by zathus, Mar 11, 2010.

1. zathus

zathus New Member

Zdroid Theme version 1.0

This is my first published theme, its not normal! its not funcinal! what it is, is something new. something differnt

Firstly, thanks to Adamz and Pete over at alldroid. some of there stuff is in this theme.

whats in the box!

This theme will make changes to your

Framework
    Launcher
    Livewallpaper
    Contacts
    Phone
    Settings
    Youtube
    Geniewidget
    Voicesearchwithkeyboard
    dock

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: No Icons were changed, reason why... if I alter 10 icons, it wont match the rest of your icons leaving you searching for icons to match! a pain in the butt if you ask me so I left them alone

2 ways to install this theme..

one is using Metamorph. which is whats linked Here, Zdroid theme (Update, I made a few changes to the battery icon to make it ezer to read what % the battery is at)

Download the link, place it in the Androidthemes file in your SD card and run MM. if you have questions about using MM.. please. search! theres about 100000 posts with tons of "how to" using Metamorph.

the second way, and this way is if "1" MM is not working for you or "2" your using a differnt version of 2.1 or 2.0.1.

Using the second way, download the theme. then, using root explorer go in to the /system/app or /system/framework area of the phone. copy the respected file and place it on your SD card. put it on your computer and unzip it. z-zip is what i use and it works great. open up my theme and copy the images you want and place them on the file you copyed from your phone. make the file you copyed back in to a .apk file. put it in the root of your SD card then using ADB shell or terminal emulator type this code

Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system 
    busybox cp -R /sdcard/Theapkyourpushing /system/app 
    mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    sync
    reboot
    Note: its /system/framework if your pushing the framework-res.apk

Note Note: this theme will NOT change the color of your clock or notifactation text's. if your interested in changing your text colors take a look here

if your having any issues please let me know! unless your issue is "Metamorph keeps saying I dont have busybox!" if its that question, SEARCH!
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. TheGr838

TheGr838 New Member

looks good! how about in blue? i think it looks fantastic tho. i like the apps dock thing with the droid eye...nice touch
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Hahaha @ R2D2 . He is kinda tough to see at a glance what % battery you would be at roughly. I love the charging animation though. :)
  4. o0HERO0o

o0HERO0o New Member

Dude this looks Awesom, nice job!:icon_ banana:
  5. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? New Member

Looks good. Keep up the good work. Looks like you could pair this with some Quake wallpapers.
  6. zathus

zathus New Member

ya =) I remade it last night. now as the battery goes down he fades away leaving a white silhouette instead of him going black and whilte. also cleaned up a few more icons and in the framework. uploading it to the OP
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  7. danlman

danlman New Member

love the theme, but

I only wish i didn't have to mod my phone to get it
  8. Liberalman

Liberalman New Member

Cool theme - is it compatible with Cyanogen Mod 5.0.5.7?
  9. jhietter

jhietter New Member

...if only it was funcinal
Search tags for this page
motorola zdroid

zdroid