2.1 email.apk pull from update?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by camcrobe, Mar 31, 2010.

1. camcrobe

camcrobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure where to put this.... did a search without success. I guess it's a hack, so I'll put it here.

I wonder if someone who got the OTA 2.1 or flashed the update.zip can tell me what differences or new features are in the included email.apk. I know it has some increased compatibility with Yahoo accounts, but is there anything like search, sort, or signatures included?

Perhaps some one could let me know if it's possible to pull the new email.apk out of the 2.1 update.zip file that's available. And if so, would it be as easy as pushing it (and any associated files if there are any) into system/apps using Root Explorer or Terminal?

I'm currently on Email.apk v. 7 which is included with my ROM (Cyanogen 5.0.5.4) and no doubt others as well

2. mrgrim94

mrgrim94 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. camcrobe

camcrobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks -- got it! I'm nandroiding now (yes, i've made it a verb) -- then I'll try and push it

4. camcrobe

camcrobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    okay... cleared cache, changed name of old email.apk to email.bak, pushed new one, over to system/app, changed permissions to match old one, in terminal, did su, sync and then reboot. I think that about all the correct steps... unfortunately, nothing but FC.

I wonder if there something else hidden in data or cache or links to some of the other google apps.

My guess is it won't be too long until we see it along with the ESE81 base on some of the ROMs (hint hint koush)

Search tags for this page

android 2.1 email apk

email.apk android 2.1

hack yahoo email apk
seven mail apk
update email.apk
yahoo email hack apk
yahoo email hacker .apk
yahoo mail 2.1apk
yahoo mail account hack apk
yahoo mail hack apk