2.1 back to 2.0.1

Arcadian

Reaction score
I jumped the gun and did the forced update to 2.1 is there any way I can go back to 2.0.1 so I can root my phone again.

RoNYC

Reaction score
Please pardon the noob question, when I manually updated to 2.1, after getting the "!" symbol, held camera and volume. There were several choices, install update.zip, and one other was factory restore. Can one do these steps and instead of install update, choose the factory restore? Can one go back to 2.0 with this? Again please pardon the noob questions and thank you in advance.

bradford88

Reaction score
Please pardon the noob question, when I manually updated to 2.1, after getting the "!" symbol, held camera and volume. There were several choices, install update.zip, and one other was factory restore. Can one do these steps and instead of install update, choose the factory restore? Can one go back to 2.0 with this? Again please pardon the noob questions and thank you in advance.

I believe you will be reverted back to stock (whatever version you are currently running, so 2.1)

DJStormX

Reaction score
If i revert back to 2.0.1 from 2.1 will all my apps restore back or would I have to redownload everything?